Skip to main content

Job, the greatest of all men

The LORD said to Satan, "Very well, then, everything he has is in your hands, but on the man himself do not lay a finger." Then Satan went out from the presence of the LORD. Job 1:12


Good morning, friends. Let us continue… I’m sending such a long message today. Please don’t give up reading. There are so many truths in this email which the Lord revealed us in our study on Job. Flag it and read when you’re free. Thanks!

One day the angels came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan also came with them. The LORD said to Satan, "Where have you come from?" Satan answered the LORD, "From roaming through the earth and going back and forth in it." Then the LORD said to Satan, "Have you considered my servant Job? There is no one on earth like him; he is blameless and upright, a man who fears God and shuns evil." "Does Job fear God for nothing?" Satan replied. "Have you not put a hedge around him and his household and everything he has? You have blessed the work of his hands, so that his flocks and herds are spread throughout the land. But stretch out your hand and strike everything he has, and he will surely curse you to your face." The LORD said to Satan, "Very well, then, everything he has is in your hands, but on the man himself do not lay a finger." Then Satan went out from the presence of the LORD.

Job 1:6 says, “One day the angels came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan also came with them.” What do you think about it? He was kicked out of heaven by the Lord. What is Satan having with the Lord and His angels? Why was he present before the Lord? Friends, many times we may think, “Wow.. I prayed for one hour. I worshiped Him. I read the entire Bible this year. What is Satan having with me anymore?” Remember Matthew 4 where Satan tested Jesus while He finished His fasting. If he was so ready to tempt Jesus the son of God, how effectively he would try to tempt us with our past pleasures and all? If he would present himself before the Lord and His angels, how easier it is for him to show himself in our fellowships! Whenever you take a strong decision and commit yourself to the Lord, the Lord listens to it. But Satan is also watching us to take hold of us anytime!!! I hope you’re aware he works 24/7. When we from our fellowship participate in skits, our boys often wear black dresses if they are playing the role of Satan. But believe me, Satan is so beautiful! His ways look so great to us in the starting. The way he injects musical interest in us, the way he tells us “Is this sin? No. That’s a normal feeling which God created for us”, etc,… are his worst lies. They are like showing small worms and catching big fishes! Don’t believe him and give him even a small portion of you. If you do so, then you’re at a greater risk of running for peace and getting captured inside a lion’s den.

Job 1:7 says, The LORD said to Satan, "Where have you come from?" Satan answered the LORD, "From roaming through the earth and going back and forth in it." Why did he roam around the earth and go back and forth? 1 Peter 5:8 answers this question “Be self-controlled and alert. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour.” So his ultimate job is to look for ‘Jobs’ (those who’re very close to God) and tempt them at most he can and bringing the report back to Jesus and to attack Him with his report. The same happened with Job, but the report was not up to what he expected. It came so wonderful, that he couldn’t pin point Job on anything.

Job 1:8 says Then the LORD said to Satan, "Have you considered my servant Job? There is no one on earth like him; he is blameless and upright, a man who fears God and shuns evil." This clearly shows that even before the Satan starts something, the Lord himself knew that he selected Job as his target. As we saw the other day, the Lord boasted about Job. Job got a very good appreciation from the Lord himself. We can hide this and that from the people around us, but can we hide anything from Him? No. Job’s life was also open to God, but He could not find even a single fault with Job. Instead He ended up saying, “Job is blameless. There is no one else like my upright servant.” Just think about this. If Jesus is to give a report on you and me, how will it be? Appreciating or boasting? Or getting hurt for creating us and standing shameful before Satan?

Job 1:9-11 says "Does Job fear God for nothing?" Satan replied. "Have you not put a hedge around him and his household and everything he has? You have blessed the work of his hands, so that his flocks and herds are spread throughout the land. But stretch out your hand and strike everything he has, and he will surely curse you to your face." Satan found out a reason by himself why Job was so faithful and thankful to God. According to him, Job was too good as he was blessed by the Lord with everything that a man could ever need and want. And he suggested the Lord to test him by revoking all the things he got. We praise God!! And we know that He too rejoices on our praises! Let us find out the reason of our praises today. Why do we praise God? For blessings? Or for what He is and who He is and for what He has done for us on the cross even when we were quite unlovable?

Job 1:12 says The LORD said to Satan, "Very well, then, everything he has is in your hands, but on the man himself do not lay a finger." Then Satan went out from the presence of the LORD. Finally the Lord granted permission to Satan to test Job. Everything he has – This included Job’s sons and daughters for whom he sacrificed offerings in the early morning, whom he loved much, his possessions and his servants. What do you possess today? What do you love the most? Our family, friends, beloveds, work, the degrees we hold, and the blessings we get from the Lord? What else? How do you value them all? The Lord knew very well that Job didn’t value all these things than he valued God. And that’s why the Lord boldly asked Satan to touch anything Job had. How great his trust on Job?! Just think, if Satan goes and asks God the permission to touch you and me, will the Lord ever tell the same for us? I doubt! Friends, our God is above all powers, creations, wisdom, treasures and whatever we know! Don’t always focus on the blessings, but on the one who blesses us. Once you do this, you’ll start feeling too good and the Lord too will love us even more.

Job 1:13-19 tells that he lost everything he had. He didn’t give up. Instead he told, “Naked I came from my mother's womb, and naked I will depart. The LORD gave and the LORD has taken away; may the name of the LORD be praised.” When the Lord allowed one step further and when Job got painful sores from the soles of his feet to the top of his head, his wife asked, “Are you still holding on to your integrity? Curse God and die!” Job 2:9 he replied, “You are talking like a foolish woman. Shall we accept good from God, and not trouble?” Job 2:10(a) If we lose everything all of a sudden, how will we react? Will we start cursing like Job’s wife? Or will we stand for God? Actually this is too tough to answer. But remember what we have today is just only because of His grace and not by our righteousness.

And Job 1:22 and Job 2:10(b) clearly says that he didn’t sin in what he said and he did no wrongdoing. Wow… What a wonderful summary!! This is the most precious in the eyes of the Lord!

Do you face problems all the time? Do you feel situations make you give up your hope? Do you grumble that all the worst things are happening to you alone? Do you question, “Where God is? Is He really a God? If yes, why do I face these pains and struggles?” I want to share this with you today. Satan never touched Job unless he got permission from the Lord. So stop grumbling and start reminding yourself, “Satan can never touch you more than what God allowed. Temptations will not come more than you can tolerate.” Yes, friends, God is in control. He who is in us, for us and with us is greater than he who is in this world. Our God is greater than the greatest problem we face. Do you believe today that He loves you and He cares for you? If yes, why are you wasting your time crying and murmuring against God? Just cast all your burdens on Him who is available all the time to take all our burdens on His shoulders and give us rest amidst our troubles.

Finally, but why is God allowing Satan to test us? The answer from the book ‘Job’ is Job 23 : 10 “But he knows the way that I take; when he has tested me, I will come forth as gold.” Yes friends, He allows testing to make us shine as gold and to bless us with double portion. Job 42 : 12 says The LORD blessed the latter part of Job's life more than the first.

I hope you read this fully. :) Thanks for reading!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lazarus' Deliverer

Because He himself suffered when He was tempted, He is able to help those who are being tempted. Hebrews 2:18 Easter is the most special day in the history that gave hope to the mankind! Lazarus, the brother of Martha and Mary was dead four days before Jesus reached Bethany. Jesus loved that family and they loved him as well. He was not there when Lazarus was sick. Lazarus was buried when Jesus reached Bethany. His sisters were weeping. Jesus also wept. They told Jesus, “Lord, if you have been here, Lazarus would not have died.” They moved on to Lazarus’ tomb. There was a stone across the entrance. Surely there was bad odor. Yet, Jesus said, “Take away the stone. If you believed, you would see the glory of God.” He prayed and there came Lazarus alive with his hands and feet wrapped with strips of linen and a cloth around his face. Jesus said to them, “Take off the grave clothes and let him go.” God’s love is the same toward everyone! He doesn’t show favoritism. He love

Your protective shade!

The LORD Himself watches over you! The LORD stands beside you as your protective shade.  Psalm 121 : 5 I know it has been a very long time since I have sent God’s Word to you. Since this is the first email in 2014, I have been waiting to send you either my personal testimony or one of my friends’ testimonies. I have drafted several emails, but didn’t send anything. Today, I am not able to keep quiet when I think about what God has done for me over last weekend. If it is God’s will I will meet you again with a wonderful testimony of my friend, while I am sending mine to you now. Many of you know a bit about me. I traveled onsite in the year 2010 and returned to India for good in July, 2013. I got married in August, 2013 (this itself is a separate testimony) and started going to office from September, 2013. Since I had my visa valid for 2 more years I had been asked to take up an onsite assignment and was not offered a project at offshore. I had some concerns in traveling o

Be on guard; stay alert!

And what do you benefit if you gain the whole world but lose your own soul? Mark 8 : 36 With all the fun and timeout I had with my husband as we spent about 9 days in Kerala, I had trouble in sleeping last but the previous night because of restless legs. I know it would go if I ate few bananas, but I didn’t get up as I felt lazy. I did whatever I could, to sleep, but I only slept after several hours. I had a dream/vision like never before. It was very scary. Even now I am filled with what I saw that night. I don’t know how I can write about it, but I will try. I am not saying that I am a saint and God showed me this for some reason. But I don’t want to keep it with myself, because if it was from God, then I wanted to tell others. Please bear with me as you read forward. In my dream, I saw myself resting on my Aunt’s lap in the terrace at night. As I looked up while I was speaking, I saw the planet Saturn coming down from the Sky. It was very huge in size as it came down. The