Skip to main content

Confusing gospel

I am astonished that you are so quickly deserting the one who called you by the grace of Christ and are turning to a different gospel which is really no gospel at all. Evidently some people are throwing you into confusion and are trying to pervert the gospel of Christ. But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach a gospel other than the one we preached to you, let him be eternally condemned! As we have already said, so now I say again: If anybody is preaching to you a gospel other than what you accepted, let him be eternally condemned! Galatians 1 : 6 – 9

Good morning, friends. Today let us see about something which I heard from a pastor on Sunday. And kindly please read even though it’s long. We all should be aware of it certainly. Before that, here comes a funny incident.

After a worship service at Church, a mother with a fidgety seven-year-old boy told me how she finally got her son to sit still and be quiet. About halfway through the sermon, she leaned over and whispered, “If you don't be quiet, Pastor is going to lose his place and will have to start his sermon all over again!” It worked, indeed.

I don’t know how many of us would agree that we feel sleepy/boring when sermon is preached sometimes in churches. But this is really not a time to sleep in churches. The Lord will definitely speak and reveal things through the churches in these days. We may convince ourselves that we’re good in personal prayers and meditation, but the Lord wants you and me to grow together and that’s why the concept of Church came. Jesus could have actually found out disciples and could have taught them separately. But He didn’t do that. He wanted His disciples to be together while He taught them all. Through something or the other the Lord will speak to us. It may be a worship song that consoles you, comforts you. Or a prayer or a sermon or everything God can use to talk to you. God wants us to grow more and He doesn’t want you and me to be a kid always. Truth alone can set us free. Truth should be preached and listened in churches.

Last Sunday, I heard from the pastor about a Church that is coming nearby. Now please read the above verses in green if you’ve skipped. ‘The church of Mormons.’ It was new to me as I didn’t hear even this name earlier. As we know that a book cannot be judged by its cover, so is this church. If we see the principles in depth, you and I can clearly say that it’s nothing but the other gospel which Paul clearly talks about. I’m highlighting some of the Mormons’ principles in red and the truth in blue below.

1.   There are two sources of authorities. The Book of Mormon and the Bible. Bible is the only authority from God.

2.   God is the Supreme Being of the universe. However, He gradually acquired that position over a long period of time by living a perfect and righteous life. God is eternally and infinitely supreme. And He is the Alpha and the omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the Ending.

3.   If the person lived by a satisfactory standard, (including the fulfillment of Mormon temple obligations) that person has the potential to become a god in the after-life. There is no other God and no man can ever be a God.

4.   Jesus and Satan as spirit brothers and sons of God. As Jesus chose to be righteous, He progressed to a Godly level. The character and life of Jesus is attainable by anyone who performs at such a righteous level. There is no connection between the light and the darkness.

5.   Forgiveness of sins requires faith, repentance and baptism by an approved Mormon priest. We are unable to live a life righteous enough to meet God's perfectly holy standard. Therefore, we establish a relationship with God by faith in the work of Christ on the cross, not by our own works.

6.   Jesus Christ will establish a new kingdom that will consist of three levels: the celestial kingdom, the terrestrial kingdom, and the telestial kingdom. There are only two possible fates after death, heaven or hell. These locations are final, both physically and spiritually.

7.   Polygamy and Mormonism are inseparably entwined. One of the most offensive aspects of Mormon-based polygamy is the rampant practice of taking underage girls as polygamous wives. Even if someone looks at the other with lust, it is adultery.

I thought it is good that I heard about it. And I wanted you also to know about this. No wonder Jesus, Paul, John and others said something again and again! If your friends or your children are attending some other churches, have an extra care as to see what kind of faith they’re taught of. Beware of all these false teachings and preachers. Above all ask God to cover you and yours under His wings, so that satan cannot deceive you at any cost by some fashionable gospels which lead us to sins and in turn into the hell. Test everything and hold on to what is good.

May God bless!

Comments

  1. Thanks for sharing Sis.Jansi,
    These are all , I mean (Mormons’ principles) are the signs of last days. As Bible says, there will arise false teachings and preachers during the last days.
    Thanks for sharing again.
    God Bless you,
    John

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! May God bless! If I'm right you're JohnJustus from BOB. Is that true?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes Sis.Jansi,you are correct.
    Have a Blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here is USA, they call it as The "Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints" and there are many I believe and I heard that there is one on Hyderabad as well.
    Is the church in chennai coming near by New Life AG Church?

    God Bless You

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's right. It's coming nearer to NLAG. If I'm right, I already saw its administrative office somewhere at Saidapet.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Lazarus' Deliverer

Because He himself suffered when He was tempted, He is able to help those who are being tempted. Hebrews 2:18 Easter is the most special day in the history that gave hope to the mankind! Lazarus, the brother of Martha and Mary was dead four days before Jesus reached Bethany. Jesus loved that family and they loved him as well. He was not there when Lazarus was sick. Lazarus was buried when Jesus reached Bethany. His sisters were weeping. Jesus also wept. They told Jesus, “Lord, if you have been here, Lazarus would not have died.” They moved on to Lazarus’ tomb. There was a stone across the entrance. Surely there was bad odor. Yet, Jesus said, “Take away the stone. If you believed, you would see the glory of God.” He prayed and there came Lazarus alive with his hands and feet wrapped with strips of linen and a cloth around his face. Jesus said to them, “Take off the grave clothes and let him go.” God’s love is the same toward everyone! He doesn’t show favoritism. He love

Your protective shade!

The LORD Himself watches over you! The LORD stands beside you as your protective shade.  Psalm 121 : 5 I know it has been a very long time since I have sent God’s Word to you. Since this is the first email in 2014, I have been waiting to send you either my personal testimony or one of my friends’ testimonies. I have drafted several emails, but didn’t send anything. Today, I am not able to keep quiet when I think about what God has done for me over last weekend. If it is God’s will I will meet you again with a wonderful testimony of my friend, while I am sending mine to you now. Many of you know a bit about me. I traveled onsite in the year 2010 and returned to India for good in July, 2013. I got married in August, 2013 (this itself is a separate testimony) and started going to office from September, 2013. Since I had my visa valid for 2 more years I had been asked to take up an onsite assignment and was not offered a project at offshore. I had some concerns in traveling o

Be on guard; stay alert!

And what do you benefit if you gain the whole world but lose your own soul? Mark 8 : 36 With all the fun and timeout I had with my husband as we spent about 9 days in Kerala, I had trouble in sleeping last but the previous night because of restless legs. I know it would go if I ate few bananas, but I didn’t get up as I felt lazy. I did whatever I could, to sleep, but I only slept after several hours. I had a dream/vision like never before. It was very scary. Even now I am filled with what I saw that night. I don’t know how I can write about it, but I will try. I am not saying that I am a saint and God showed me this for some reason. But I don’t want to keep it with myself, because if it was from God, then I wanted to tell others. Please bear with me as you read forward. In my dream, I saw myself resting on my Aunt’s lap in the terrace at night. As I looked up while I was speaking, I saw the planet Saturn coming down from the Sky. It was very huge in size as it came down. The