Skip to main content

Mind your own business!

“For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” Jeremiah 29 : 11

Good morning, friends.

A little girl was sitting on her grandfather's lap as he read her a bedtime story. From time to time, she would take her eyes off the book and reach up to touch his wrinkled cheek. She was alternately stroking her own cheek, then his again. Finally she spoke up, “Grandpa, did God make you?” “Yes, sweetheart” he answered, “God made me a long time ago.” “Oh,” she paused, “Grandpa, did God make me too?” “Yes, indeed, honey,” he said, “God made you just a little while ago.” Feeling their respective faces again, she observed, “God's getting better at it, isn't He?”

A little girl giving comments on God! That was a funny story. Leaving it aside, how many of us believe that God does things better? One day I and one of my friends were speaking, “How can we find the will of God in marriages? Many are saying that they seek the will of God in their daughter/son’s marriage and finally choose a partner of the same caste/race. So going according to what the parents decide often doesn’t end in inter-caste/inter-denominational marriages. Parents themselves add another condition which God doesn’t speak about at all. Coming to the love marriages, it’s true that the two really love one another, but do they really seek the will of God or just go by their desires for one another. So how shall we pray for our marriages?”

This confusion is not only for marriages, but in almost everything. The long list includes choosing to stay with the same employer or to look for a job change, which school to decide for the kids, which course to choose, etc,… We can list almost everything which we can take in our own hands and we can also easily confuse others who think that they got the right choice.

Just think of a situation. If I go and ask my delivery manager, “How are we going to deal with this particular customer for many projects in the next financial year?”, will he not hit me saying, “Will you please mind your own business?” The same holds with the Lord too. He is the supreme one who knows everything. When you, a wicked one say, “Oh, marriage is for lifetime and it happens only once. What shall I do if I choose someone by mistake?”, will not your Lord think of it many times well before he created you and give you the right partner? When you by your limited knowledge say, “getting admission in this college is good for my career”, will not your Lord give you the course which He wants you to do because He knows that you would excel at it?

The Bible clearly says that the Lord has engraved us on the palms of His hand. Isaiah 49:16 and He knows all the plans for us and those plans are to prosper us and not to harm us. Jeremiah 29:11. It again asks us to be still in spite of the circumstances. Psalm 46:10. It instructs us to trust Him with all our heart and lean not our own understanding. Proverbs 3:5. Let Him do His work. Don’t try to interrupt Him by your own ways. He does things better. No, I’m wrong. He is the best at doing things for you and me!

Comments

  1. Dear sis, I got reminded of what my friend once said.

    There is no +ve or -ve with GOD. HE only knows one way and it might seem +ve or -ve for us based on how far we stand from HIM. The deviation that we have from HIM is what these +ves and -ves are. It is better to be inline with the LORD's mind to know HIS will.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Lazarus' Deliverer

Because He himself suffered when He was tempted, He is able to help those who are being tempted. Hebrews 2:18 Easter is the most special day in the history that gave hope to the mankind! Lazarus, the brother of Martha and Mary was dead four days before Jesus reached Bethany. Jesus loved that family and they loved him as well. He was not there when Lazarus was sick. Lazarus was buried when Jesus reached Bethany. His sisters were weeping. Jesus also wept. They told Jesus, “Lord, if you have been here, Lazarus would not have died.” They moved on to Lazarus’ tomb. There was a stone across the entrance. Surely there was bad odor. Yet, Jesus said, “Take away the stone. If you believed, you would see the glory of God.” He prayed and there came Lazarus alive with his hands and feet wrapped with strips of linen and a cloth around his face. Jesus said to them, “Take off the grave clothes and let him go.” God’s love is the same toward everyone! He doesn’t show favoritism. He love

Your protective shade!

The LORD Himself watches over you! The LORD stands beside you as your protective shade.  Psalm 121 : 5 I know it has been a very long time since I have sent God’s Word to you. Since this is the first email in 2014, I have been waiting to send you either my personal testimony or one of my friends’ testimonies. I have drafted several emails, but didn’t send anything. Today, I am not able to keep quiet when I think about what God has done for me over last weekend. If it is God’s will I will meet you again with a wonderful testimony of my friend, while I am sending mine to you now. Many of you know a bit about me. I traveled onsite in the year 2010 and returned to India for good in July, 2013. I got married in August, 2013 (this itself is a separate testimony) and started going to office from September, 2013. Since I had my visa valid for 2 more years I had been asked to take up an onsite assignment and was not offered a project at offshore. I had some concerns in traveling o

Be on guard; stay alert!

And what do you benefit if you gain the whole world but lose your own soul? Mark 8 : 36 With all the fun and timeout I had with my husband as we spent about 9 days in Kerala, I had trouble in sleeping last but the previous night because of restless legs. I know it would go if I ate few bananas, but I didn’t get up as I felt lazy. I did whatever I could, to sleep, but I only slept after several hours. I had a dream/vision like never before. It was very scary. Even now I am filled with what I saw that night. I don’t know how I can write about it, but I will try. I am not saying that I am a saint and God showed me this for some reason. But I don’t want to keep it with myself, because if it was from God, then I wanted to tell others. Please bear with me as you read forward. In my dream, I saw myself resting on my Aunt’s lap in the terrace at night. As I looked up while I was speaking, I saw the planet Saturn coming down from the Sky. It was very huge in size as it came down. The