Skip to main content

Thank you, Lord!!!

He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore, I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me.  2 Corinthians 12: 9

Below is a small portion of what I read in the book ‘I’ve got to talk to somebody, God’ written by ‘Marjorie Holmes’.

"Oh God, how grateful we should be for color. For blue skies, blue eyes, and for the little blue dress that I am hanging on the line, for the ruby red of cherries, the red on the wood pecker’s throat, for the countless shades of green which carpet the ground and for the lovely yellow so rich and so intense in an egg yolk, a lemon, golden yellow of sunshine, daffodils, for different shades of skin, eyes and hair! How dull it would be Lord to see all the races and all faces looked alike."

I never imagined that someone would thank the Lord for the colors. She doesn’t stop there. She thanks the Lord for she got the chance to doing dishes, mopping the floors, making bed, peeling potatoes, ironing the clothes, etc… Below is a little snippet of how the author thanks the Lord while she mops the floor.

"If I were blind I could not see the soil or the patterns of the tile or the slippery circles shining. If I were deaf I could not hear the homely cheerful sounds of suds in the bucket, the crisp little whisper of brush and mop. I would miss the door banging and the children shouting and the steps of people coming. Lord, thank you for everything that has to do with scrubbing the floor."

I have been married for 3.5 years now.  One thing I feel utmost irritated is when I see my husband keeping the plate in the sink without throwing the left overs into the bin. But seriously after reading this little book I always keep in my bag now-a-days, I feel thankful that I have someone on whom I can be irritated. :)  I feel thankful that I see my husband eating full. I don’t feel the sense of irritation when I see the leftovers now. In the same way I started thanking God for the wrinkled shirts and pants, for the sweaty t-shirts after his evening run, for the wet towel he doesn’t put on the line to dry.

I now realize, ‘what I see is what I feel and also what I feel is what I see’. Our inner heart makes lot of difference. When the heart is overflowing with gratefulness, it makes it possible for thanking God in the simple things in our lives. We see positives in everything that happens around us. If it isn’t, then we see negatives in all the positive situations ever. We always complain that we got a lot to do at work all the time, until we see someone who just lost his job and doesn’t have anything to grumble against.

God’s chosen people, the Israelites, lost their favor in the eyes of God when they grumbled against everything they could in spite of the times when they realized that God provided everything they needed right from manna to the meat and the water from the rock.

May be we will try one thing this week. Let us just thank Him for all the simple things happening in our life right from waking up, having sufficient water to bath, food to eat, peace at work, nice & safe journey to work and back home, a little kid we happen to see with great smile, witnessing a young man offering their seat to the old man in the bus, cheerful faces we get to see, and for every little thing we realize this week.


May God bless you!!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lazarus' Deliverer

Because He himself suffered when He was tempted, He is able to help those who are being tempted. Hebrews 2:18 Easter is the most special day in the history that gave hope to the mankind! Lazarus, the brother of Martha and Mary was dead four days before Jesus reached Bethany. Jesus loved that family and they loved him as well. He was not there when Lazarus was sick. Lazarus was buried when Jesus reached Bethany. His sisters were weeping. Jesus also wept. They told Jesus, “Lord, if you have been here, Lazarus would not have died.” They moved on to Lazarus’ tomb. There was a stone across the entrance. Surely there was bad odor. Yet, Jesus said, “Take away the stone. If you believed, you would see the glory of God.” He prayed and there came Lazarus alive with his hands and feet wrapped with strips of linen and a cloth around his face. Jesus said to them, “Take off the grave clothes and let him go.” God’s love is the same toward everyone! He doesn’t show favoritism. He love

Be Beautiful!!!

And do not forget to do good and to share with others, for with such sacrifices God is pleased. Hebrews 13 : 16   This is a great story that I have read on the internet.  When the house lights dimmed and the concert was about to begin, the mother returned to her seat and discovered that her son was missing. She took him to the concert to show her appreciation toward his progress on the piano lessons. Suddenly, the curtains parted and spotlights focused on the impressive Steinway on stage. In horror, the mother saw her little boy sitting at the keyboard, innocently picking out “Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star.” At that moment, the great piano master made his entrance, quickly moved to the piano, and whispered in the boy’s ear, “Don’t quit, keep playing.” Then leaning over, Paderewski reached down with his left hand and began filling in a bass part. Soon his right arm reached around to the other side of the child and he added a running descant. Together, the old master and the youn