Skip to main content

Wanna spread EAFLU? Part III

So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets. Matthew 7 : 12

Good morning, friends. Today let us read about ‘A’ppreciate. William James said, “The deepest principle in human nature is the craving to be appreciated.”

A young politician in his first campaign speech was very eager to make an impression on his audience, but when he arrived at the audience he found only one man. After waiting for others to come, he gave up as no one came. He said to that man, “Look, I’m just a young politician starting out. Do you want me to deliver the speech or to dismiss the meeting?” The man thought for a moment and then said, “Sir, I’m just a cowhand. All I know is cows. Of course, I do know that if I took a load of hay down to the pasture and only one cow came up, I’d feed it!”

Don’t underestimate the value of a single person.

With the advice of the cowhand, the politician began his speech and talked on and on for two full hours as the cowhand sat expressionless. Finally he stopped and asked the cowhand “Is my speech alright?” The man replied, “Sir if only one cow came up, I surely wouldn’t dump the whole load on him.”
Don’t take advantage of people.


A simple formula to appreciate others is to treat them as if they’re important. The Bible says something like this, “When you have the good thing in you but you don’t give it, then you’re not doing the right thing.” When people are craving for appreciation, why don’t you just give it away? I know sometimes it is tough to appreciate others, but still if you carefully look at them, you’ll find at least a couple of reasons for which they deserve your appreciation. Appreciate your wife for the food she prepares for you. Appreciate the boy who comes and delivers news paper in the morning. Appreciate your security folks who protect you all day and night.

During the last day of Chennai Hope Festival, Franklin Graham thanked everyone and he specifically asked us to appreciate the police officers who served there. He told, “We often go to the police with the complaints. Just for a change, today while you leave, please appreciate them for without them we could have not accommodated nearly 90000 people in the venue.” I saw many guys who greeted the police men with a smile that night for the very first time.

As many of us are software professionals, we all know the happiness we get when we receive appreciation emails from the customers and awards from our bosses. Don’t we? This will enhance the interest to work willingly. In the same way, people will start responding according to the way you perceive them.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lazarus' Deliverer

Because He himself suffered when He was tempted, He is able to help those who are being tempted. Hebrews 2:18 Easter is the most special day in the history that gave hope to the mankind! Lazarus, the brother of Martha and Mary was dead four days before Jesus reached Bethany. Jesus loved that family and they loved him as well. He was not there when Lazarus was sick. Lazarus was buried when Jesus reached Bethany. His sisters were weeping. Jesus also wept. They told Jesus, “Lord, if you have been here, Lazarus would not have died.” They moved on to Lazarus’ tomb. There was a stone across the entrance. Surely there was bad odor. Yet, Jesus said, “Take away the stone. If you believed, you would see the glory of God.” He prayed and there came Lazarus alive with his hands and feet wrapped with strips of linen and a cloth around his face. Jesus said to them, “Take off the grave clothes and let him go.” God’s love is the same toward everyone! He doesn’t show favoritism. He love

Your protective shade!

The LORD Himself watches over you! The LORD stands beside you as your protective shade.  Psalm 121 : 5 I know it has been a very long time since I have sent God’s Word to you. Since this is the first email in 2014, I have been waiting to send you either my personal testimony or one of my friends’ testimonies. I have drafted several emails, but didn’t send anything. Today, I am not able to keep quiet when I think about what God has done for me over last weekend. If it is God’s will I will meet you again with a wonderful testimony of my friend, while I am sending mine to you now. Many of you know a bit about me. I traveled onsite in the year 2010 and returned to India for good in July, 2013. I got married in August, 2013 (this itself is a separate testimony) and started going to office from September, 2013. Since I had my visa valid for 2 more years I had been asked to take up an onsite assignment and was not offered a project at offshore. I had some concerns in traveling o

Be on guard; stay alert!

And what do you benefit if you gain the whole world but lose your own soul? Mark 8 : 36 With all the fun and timeout I had with my husband as we spent about 9 days in Kerala, I had trouble in sleeping last but the previous night because of restless legs. I know it would go if I ate few bananas, but I didn’t get up as I felt lazy. I did whatever I could, to sleep, but I only slept after several hours. I had a dream/vision like never before. It was very scary. Even now I am filled with what I saw that night. I don’t know how I can write about it, but I will try. I am not saying that I am a saint and God showed me this for some reason. But I don’t want to keep it with myself, because if it was from God, then I wanted to tell others. Please bear with me as you read forward. In my dream, I saw myself resting on my Aunt’s lap in the terrace at night. As I looked up while I was speaking, I saw the planet Saturn coming down from the Sky. It was very huge in size as it came down. The