Skip to main content

Trust in the risen Lord - Part II



Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. Proverbs 3 : 5

As they entered the tomb, they saw a young man dressed in a white robe sitting on the right side, and they were alarmed.

“Don’t be alarmed,” he said. “You are looking for Jesus the Nazarene, who was crucified. He has risen! He is not here. See the place where they laid Him. But go; tell His disciples and Peter, ‘He is going ahead of you into Galilee. There you will see Him, just as He told you.’” Mark 16 : 5-7

A quick recap of the first part of ‘Trust in the risen Lord’: We read about how Mary Magdalene, Mary the mother of James, and Salome went to anoint Jesus’ body, forgetting about their weaknesses and their questions. They saw the stone at the entrance of the tomb had been rolled away and they were surprised. They entered and saw the tomb empty, as the young man dressed in white robes had told them. He also gave them the good news about the resurrection of Jesus, and passed on Jesus’ message  that He would go ahead of them and would meet them in Galilee.  

We normally try to avoid those people who were not with us during times of need. There is even a proverb about this. “A friend in need is a friend in deed.” The disciples who were with Jesus when He did all the miracles in front of their very own eyes, fled away from Him in times of trouble. The disciples who shared the bread and wine with Him, who saw Him turning water into wine, healing the lepers, opening the eyes of the blind, multiplying 5 loaves of breads & 2 fishes to feed 5000+ men & others, and raising the dead to life, fled away when He was arrested. Only John was with Jesus when He was on the Cross telling John that Mary is now his mother. The one who told Jesus that He could even give his life for Jesus, denied Him thrice before the rooster crowed.

Honestly, I would say, if I were Jesus, I would have gone to all these disciples as soon as I was risen and asked them all sorts of questions that would embarrass them. But Jesus didn’t do that. He was so loving to them, even after they gave up.

God never gives up on you, even if you give up on Him. He loves us even when we are quite unlovable, even when we fall into that sin which tempts us again & again, even when we curse Him like Peter did, even when we don’t have faith in Him. Trust in this risen Lord even when you have gone far away from Him. He loves you; there is nothing you can do to make Him love you more & there is nothing you can do to make Him love you less! He is gracious enough to forgive you and accept you as you are. But don’t take this grace for granted. The disciples, once they saw the resurrected power of Jesus, no longer stayed away from Him. They gave their lives for Him. Just like a ball, when thrown from a height, bounces back, get back and be aligned with God.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lazarus' Deliverer

Because He himself suffered when He was tempted, He is able to help those who are being tempted. Hebrews 2:18 Easter is the most special day in the history that gave hope to the mankind! Lazarus, the brother of Martha and Mary was dead four days before Jesus reached Bethany. Jesus loved that family and they loved him as well. He was not there when Lazarus was sick. Lazarus was buried when Jesus reached Bethany. His sisters were weeping. Jesus also wept. They told Jesus, “Lord, if you have been here, Lazarus would not have died.” They moved on to Lazarus’ tomb. There was a stone across the entrance. Surely there was bad odor. Yet, Jesus said, “Take away the stone. If you believed, you would see the glory of God.” He prayed and there came Lazarus alive with his hands and feet wrapped with strips of linen and a cloth around his face. Jesus said to them, “Take off the grave clothes and let him go.” God’s love is the same toward everyone! He doesn’t show favoritism. He love

Your protective shade!

The LORD Himself watches over you! The LORD stands beside you as your protective shade.  Psalm 121 : 5 I know it has been a very long time since I have sent God’s Word to you. Since this is the first email in 2014, I have been waiting to send you either my personal testimony or one of my friends’ testimonies. I have drafted several emails, but didn’t send anything. Today, I am not able to keep quiet when I think about what God has done for me over last weekend. If it is God’s will I will meet you again with a wonderful testimony of my friend, while I am sending mine to you now. Many of you know a bit about me. I traveled onsite in the year 2010 and returned to India for good in July, 2013. I got married in August, 2013 (this itself is a separate testimony) and started going to office from September, 2013. Since I had my visa valid for 2 more years I had been asked to take up an onsite assignment and was not offered a project at offshore. I had some concerns in traveling o

Thank you, Lord!!!

He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore, I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me.   2 Corinthians 12: 9 Below is a small portion of what I read in the book ‘ I’ve got to talk to somebody, God ’ written by ‘ Marjorie Holmes ’. "Oh God, how grateful we should be for color. For blue skies, blue eyes, and for the little blue dress that I am hanging on the line, for the ruby red of cherries, the red on the wood pecker’s throat, for the countless shades of green which carpet the ground and for the lovely yellow so rich and so intense in an egg yolk, a lemon, golden yellow of sunshine, daffodils, for different shades of skin, eyes and hair! How dull it would be Lord to see all the races and all faces looked alike." I never imagined that someone would thank the Lord for the colors. She doesn’t stop there. She thanks the Lord for she got the chance to doing