Skip to main content

Praising & Nailing!


The crowds that went ahead of him and those that followed shouted, "Hosanna to the Son of David!" "Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord!" "Hosanna in the highest!" Matthew 21:9

Good morning, friends.

I love the song ‘More than a baby in the manger’, and if I start listening to it, I will listen to it several times in a row. Today’s subject is based on a line which is conveyed in this song. We celebrated Palm Sunday this past Sunday, with palm branches, and crosses made of these palm branches.

This is what Matthew 21 says. A very large crowd spread their cloaks on the road, while others cut branches from the trees and spread them on the road. The crowds that went ahead of Him and those that followed shouted, “Hosanna to the Son of David!” “Blessed is He who comes in the name of the Lord!”  “Hosanna in the highest heaven!”

The above incident happened to fulfill what the Prophet Zechariah had prophesied, "Rejoice greatly, O daughter of Zion! Shout, O daughter of Jerusalem! Behold, your King is coming to you; He is just and having salvation, Lowly and riding on a donkey, A colt, the foal of a donkey.” Zechariah 9:9

Hosanna means ‘uttering Praises to God aloud’. The crowd praised Him as He was on His way to Jerusalem. A few days later, the same crowd, cried aloud asking Him to be crucified. When I think about this crowd the very next thought I have inside of me is, “Isn’t it weird for them to cry aloud praises to Jesus followed by crying for His crucifixion?” You may also have the same question today.

We may feel that it was very odd for the people who praised Him, to then cry out for His crucifixion even though they haven’t seen Jesus giving His life for them. How much strange is it for us (who know that He gave His life for us) to crucify Him on the cross every time we sin or yield ourselves to various temptations? This Sunday our Pastor talked about sin. “Sin will always take us further than we want to go. Sin will always keep us longer than we want to stay. Sin comes along with the guilt. Guilt comes with the package of a mask we put on, on our face to hide who we are really.”

When He gave His life for us on the cross with His arms wide open, He showed His unconditional love when we were quite unlovable. When we go astray from Him, we also crucify Him with masked faces. It is worse than what the people of Israel did 2000 years ago. How long are we going to reject someone over and over and over again? 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lazarus' Deliverer

Because He himself suffered when He was tempted, He is able to help those who are being tempted. Hebrews 2:18 Easter is the most special day in the history that gave hope to the mankind! Lazarus, the brother of Martha and Mary was dead four days before Jesus reached Bethany. Jesus loved that family and they loved him as well. He was not there when Lazarus was sick. Lazarus was buried when Jesus reached Bethany. His sisters were weeping. Jesus also wept. They told Jesus, “Lord, if you have been here, Lazarus would not have died.” They moved on to Lazarus’ tomb. There was a stone across the entrance. Surely there was bad odor. Yet, Jesus said, “Take away the stone. If you believed, you would see the glory of God.” He prayed and there came Lazarus alive with his hands and feet wrapped with strips of linen and a cloth around his face. Jesus said to them, “Take off the grave clothes and let him go.” God’s love is the same toward everyone! He doesn’t show favoritism. He love

Your protective shade!

The LORD Himself watches over you! The LORD stands beside you as your protective shade.  Psalm 121 : 5 I know it has been a very long time since I have sent God’s Word to you. Since this is the first email in 2014, I have been waiting to send you either my personal testimony or one of my friends’ testimonies. I have drafted several emails, but didn’t send anything. Today, I am not able to keep quiet when I think about what God has done for me over last weekend. If it is God’s will I will meet you again with a wonderful testimony of my friend, while I am sending mine to you now. Many of you know a bit about me. I traveled onsite in the year 2010 and returned to India for good in July, 2013. I got married in August, 2013 (this itself is a separate testimony) and started going to office from September, 2013. Since I had my visa valid for 2 more years I had been asked to take up an onsite assignment and was not offered a project at offshore. I had some concerns in traveling o

Thank you, Lord!!!

He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore, I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me.   2 Corinthians 12: 9 Below is a small portion of what I read in the book ‘ I’ve got to talk to somebody, God ’ written by ‘ Marjorie Holmes ’. "Oh God, how grateful we should be for color. For blue skies, blue eyes, and for the little blue dress that I am hanging on the line, for the ruby red of cherries, the red on the wood pecker’s throat, for the countless shades of green which carpet the ground and for the lovely yellow so rich and so intense in an egg yolk, a lemon, golden yellow of sunshine, daffodils, for different shades of skin, eyes and hair! How dull it would be Lord to see all the races and all faces looked alike." I never imagined that someone would thank the Lord for the colors. She doesn’t stop there. She thanks the Lord for she got the chance to doing