Skip to main content

It is unfair!



Do not grieve; the joy of the Lord is your strength. Nehemiah 8:9

Good morning, friends.

During our New Year service when we were asked to share the testimonies, people shared how God has been good to them. It was such a delight to hear from those who experienced God’s hand in their lives. One girl made a statement when she testified the Lord. “It is unfair if I do not thank Him from the depth of my heart for all the good things He has done in my life.” The catchy thing to my ears was “It is unfair if I do not thank Him from my heart.” What an awesome statement that is!

I just think of how many thanks we normally say to people around us. If a person holds the door open for us, we thank them. If the cashier gives away the receipt for our purchase, we thank them. When the waitress serves the food, we thank them. When the team members do a fantastic job, we thank them. When the conductor gives the ticket, we thank them. When someone gives a ride to the office, we thank them. We can add n number of cases in which we thank several people each day because of what they have been doing.

When was the last time we thanked our God who has been very faithful throughout our lives? Every morning, we get up from the bed. We speak, walk, hear, smell, eat, sense, and breathe every day without any issues.  We travel to our work places and return safe every day. We are kept safe with wonderful jobs in spite of all the economic downtimes.  When we know that several people are admitted in hospitals for health issues, we are blessed enough that we just visit the doctors once in a while. When there are several couples cry out loud for babies, we have children living very active among us. When there are some rich people who never get sleep during the nights, we have peaceful sleep every night. We can add a huge list of privileges that we have been granted everyday even without our knowledge.

Are we thankful enough to God who supports us 24/7 without even a single pause? Or are we still worrying about that few things that bother us for a while? Can we imagine how our world will be if our God forgets us even for a minute? Whether we worry or not, God still takes care of all our needs. We should not be dipped into worries. Thank Him for everything we’ve been enjoying even when we do not deserve. Nehemiah 8:9 says, “Do not grieve; the joy of the Lord is your strength.” Yes, when we thank Him, the joy of the Lord in us increases which is greater than our greatest strength. What else do we need? Whatever bothers us today, let us keep that under His feet and wait for His deliverance. 

It is unfair if we are afraid of anything. Be joyful! Do not grieve! We have an Almighty God with whom all things are possible!!!


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Confusing gospel

I am astonished that you are so quickly deserting the one who called you by the grace of Christ and are turning to a different gospel which is really no gospel at all. Evidently some people are throwing you into confusion and are trying to pervert the gospel of Christ. But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach a gospel other than the one we preached to you, let him be eternally condemned! As we have already said, so now I say again: If anybody is preaching to you a gospel other than what you accepted, let him be eternally condemned! Galatians 1 : 6 – 9 Good morning, friends. Today let us see about something which I heard from a pastor on Sunday. And kindly please read even though it’s long. We all should be aware of it certainly. Before that, here comes a funny incident. After a worship service at Church, a mother with a fidgety seven-year-old boy told me how she finally got her son to sit still and be quiet. About halfway through the sermon, she leaned over and whisper...

Your protective shade!

The LORD Himself watches over you! The LORD stands beside you as your protective shade.  Psalm 121 : 5 I know it has been a very long time since I have sent God’s Word to you. Since this is the first email in 2014, I have been waiting to send you either my personal testimony or one of my friends’ testimonies. I have drafted several emails, but didn’t send anything. Today, I am not able to keep quiet when I think about what God has done for me over last weekend. If it is God’s will I will meet you again with a wonderful testimony of my friend, while I am sending mine to you now. Many of you know a bit about me. I traveled onsite in the year 2010 and returned to India for good in July, 2013. I got married in August, 2013 (this itself is a separate testimony) and started going to office from September, 2013. Since I had my visa valid for 2 more years I had been asked to take up an onsite assignment and was not offered a project at offshore. I had some concerns in traveli...

Incredible kindness!

Do not neglect doing good and sharing; for with such sacrifices God is pleased. Hebrews 13:16  Good morning, friends! He was a seller of second-hand shoes. He seemed to be in his 70’s, and was so tired as nobody was buying his shoes. Then, a little girl came to him saying, " Sir, may I polish your shoes?" The old man took pity on her, smiled and gave her a shoe to polish. The girl said, "I polish the shoe because I need money to buy my brother a new school uniform." The old man replied, "Oh, little girl just stop doing this. Come with me and I will buy a uniform." Then they walked to a store and he bought a uniform. This act of incredible kindness, shown by someone who has so little for himself, proclaims an ultimate truth. The Bible talks a lot about showing kindness. A few sample verses are given below. “Anyone who does not provide for their relatives, and especially for their own household, has denied the f...