Skip to main content

It is unfair!



Do not grieve; the joy of the Lord is your strength. Nehemiah 8:9

Good morning, friends.

During our New Year service when we were asked to share the testimonies, people shared how God has been good to them. It was such a delight to hear from those who experienced God’s hand in their lives. One girl made a statement when she testified the Lord. “It is unfair if I do not thank Him from the depth of my heart for all the good things He has done in my life.” The catchy thing to my ears was “It is unfair if I do not thank Him from my heart.” What an awesome statement that is!

I just think of how many thanks we normally say to people around us. If a person holds the door open for us, we thank them. If the cashier gives away the receipt for our purchase, we thank them. When the waitress serves the food, we thank them. When the team members do a fantastic job, we thank them. When the conductor gives the ticket, we thank them. When someone gives a ride to the office, we thank them. We can add n number of cases in which we thank several people each day because of what they have been doing.

When was the last time we thanked our God who has been very faithful throughout our lives? Every morning, we get up from the bed. We speak, walk, hear, smell, eat, sense, and breathe every day without any issues.  We travel to our work places and return safe every day. We are kept safe with wonderful jobs in spite of all the economic downtimes.  When we know that several people are admitted in hospitals for health issues, we are blessed enough that we just visit the doctors once in a while. When there are several couples cry out loud for babies, we have children living very active among us. When there are some rich people who never get sleep during the nights, we have peaceful sleep every night. We can add a huge list of privileges that we have been granted everyday even without our knowledge.

Are we thankful enough to God who supports us 24/7 without even a single pause? Or are we still worrying about that few things that bother us for a while? Can we imagine how our world will be if our God forgets us even for a minute? Whether we worry or not, God still takes care of all our needs. We should not be dipped into worries. Thank Him for everything we’ve been enjoying even when we do not deserve. Nehemiah 8:9 says, “Do not grieve; the joy of the Lord is your strength.” Yes, when we thank Him, the joy of the Lord in us increases which is greater than our greatest strength. What else do we need? Whatever bothers us today, let us keep that under His feet and wait for His deliverance. 

It is unfair if we are afraid of anything. Be joyful! Do not grieve! We have an Almighty God with whom all things are possible!!!


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Lazarus' Deliverer

Because He himself suffered when He was tempted, He is able to help those who are being tempted. Hebrews 2:18 Easter is the most special day in the history that gave hope to the mankind! Lazarus, the brother of Martha and Mary was dead four days before Jesus reached Bethany. Jesus loved that family and they loved him as well. He was not there when Lazarus was sick. Lazarus was buried when Jesus reached Bethany. His sisters were weeping. Jesus also wept. They told Jesus, “Lord, if you have been here, Lazarus would not have died.” They moved on to Lazarus’ tomb. There was a stone across the entrance. Surely there was bad odor. Yet, Jesus said, “Take away the stone. If you believed, you would see the glory of God.” He prayed and there came Lazarus alive with his hands and feet wrapped with strips of linen and a cloth around his face. Jesus said to them, “Take off the grave clothes and let him go.” God’s love is the same toward everyone! He doesn’t show favoritism. He love

Your protective shade!

The LORD Himself watches over you! The LORD stands beside you as your protective shade.  Psalm 121 : 5 I know it has been a very long time since I have sent God’s Word to you. Since this is the first email in 2014, I have been waiting to send you either my personal testimony or one of my friends’ testimonies. I have drafted several emails, but didn’t send anything. Today, I am not able to keep quiet when I think about what God has done for me over last weekend. If it is God’s will I will meet you again with a wonderful testimony of my friend, while I am sending mine to you now. Many of you know a bit about me. I traveled onsite in the year 2010 and returned to India for good in July, 2013. I got married in August, 2013 (this itself is a separate testimony) and started going to office from September, 2013. Since I had my visa valid for 2 more years I had been asked to take up an onsite assignment and was not offered a project at offshore. I had some concerns in traveling o

Thank you, Lord!!!

He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore, I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me.   2 Corinthians 12: 9 Below is a small portion of what I read in the book ‘ I’ve got to talk to somebody, God ’ written by ‘ Marjorie Holmes ’. "Oh God, how grateful we should be for color. For blue skies, blue eyes, and for the little blue dress that I am hanging on the line, for the ruby red of cherries, the red on the wood pecker’s throat, for the countless shades of green which carpet the ground and for the lovely yellow so rich and so intense in an egg yolk, a lemon, golden yellow of sunshine, daffodils, for different shades of skin, eyes and hair! How dull it would be Lord to see all the races and all faces looked alike." I never imagined that someone would thank the Lord for the colors. She doesn’t stop there. She thanks the Lord for she got the chance to doing