Skip to main content

Simple prayers from the heart!

And when you pray, do not keep on babbling like pagans, for they think they will be heard because of their many words. Matthew 6 : 7

Good morning, friends.

Recently I watched the movie ‘Letters to God’. This is from the producers of the movies ‘Fireproof’ and ‘Facing the giants’. Watch it if you can. It is the true story of Tyler Doughtie. 

Tyler is an 8 years old boy suffering from cancer. He writes and mails many letters addressed ‘To God’. He just writes whatever he feels like sharing with God. He doesn’t approach God for only healing, but these letters just reflect his heart to God. He writes even about the simple things like “You know what God? Today was a very good day”. The mailmen don’t know what to do with these letters. This boy doesn't spend his life scared of his disease, instead he writes letters even for others' problems, behaves very patiently toward his schoolmate Alex when he teases him about his disease, and convinces his friend Samantha to behave just like how Jesus would react. After listening to an old man saying, “You have been handpicked by God. When people see how strong and brave you are, that will make them look at their own lives”, this little boy considers himself as a warrior of God. This little boy’s sincere letters and life, touch many and bring them to the truth.

One day in my fellowship when we asked a girl to pray she started like this. “Good morning, God!” We all were surprised. Yes, after knowing much about God and the scriptures we tend to use more words in our prayers and make the prayers so very formal. Just think about your initial days when you have just known the love of Christ. All the prayers would have been very simple and childish. God loves those prayers, because they would have come very innocently. We would have thanked Him even for simple things. I remember I thanked Him when He enabled me to get up at 5 AM several years ago. Now I get frustrated when the alarm wakes me up even at 7 AM. God calls us back to our first love & to the greater heights of intimacy with Him. Shall we go back to Him with an open heart today? I’m sure He is waiting very eagerly to hear our innocent prayers once again.

Have a very happy New Year 2012! May all His promises to you come to pass!


Comments

  1. Yes this morning prayer is very important. In the Bible it says "You will find me in the early morning". we should try our best to get up even before 5 AM.

    I believe all of His promises will come true this year and this is what spoken in this New Year as Prophecy in lot of churches by the pastors.

    In addition, the words that comes from our mouth matters a lot this year and our thoughts. So lets speak blessings, think positvely, ask God for more Faith in our heart to receive all His Promises and Blessings this year.

    God Bless You,

    John

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Confusing gospel

I am astonished that you are so quickly deserting the one who called you by the grace of Christ and are turning to a different gospel which is really no gospel at all. Evidently some people are throwing you into confusion and are trying to pervert the gospel of Christ. But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach a gospel other than the one we preached to you, let him be eternally condemned! As we have already said, so now I say again: If anybody is preaching to you a gospel other than what you accepted, let him be eternally condemned! Galatians 1 : 6 – 9 Good morning, friends. Today let us see about something which I heard from a pastor on Sunday. And kindly please read even though it’s long. We all should be aware of it certainly. Before that, here comes a funny incident. After a worship service at Church, a mother with a fidgety seven-year-old boy told me how she finally got her son to sit still and be quiet. About halfway through the sermon, she leaned over and whisper...

Your protective shade!

The LORD Himself watches over you! The LORD stands beside you as your protective shade.  Psalm 121 : 5 I know it has been a very long time since I have sent God’s Word to you. Since this is the first email in 2014, I have been waiting to send you either my personal testimony or one of my friends’ testimonies. I have drafted several emails, but didn’t send anything. Today, I am not able to keep quiet when I think about what God has done for me over last weekend. If it is God’s will I will meet you again with a wonderful testimony of my friend, while I am sending mine to you now. Many of you know a bit about me. I traveled onsite in the year 2010 and returned to India for good in July, 2013. I got married in August, 2013 (this itself is a separate testimony) and started going to office from September, 2013. Since I had my visa valid for 2 more years I had been asked to take up an onsite assignment and was not offered a project at offshore. I had some concerns in traveli...

Incredible kindness!

Do not neglect doing good and sharing; for with such sacrifices God is pleased. Hebrews 13:16  Good morning, friends! He was a seller of second-hand shoes. He seemed to be in his 70’s, and was so tired as nobody was buying his shoes. Then, a little girl came to him saying, " Sir, may I polish your shoes?" The old man took pity on her, smiled and gave her a shoe to polish. The girl said, "I polish the shoe because I need money to buy my brother a new school uniform." The old man replied, "Oh, little girl just stop doing this. Come with me and I will buy a uniform." Then they walked to a store and he bought a uniform. This act of incredible kindness, shown by someone who has so little for himself, proclaims an ultimate truth. The Bible talks a lot about showing kindness. A few sample verses are given below. “Anyone who does not provide for their relatives, and especially for their own household, has denied the f...