Skip to main content

How close I'm to God?

Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful. But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night. Psalms 1:1,2

Every day in the morning, I and a small boy nearer to my home compete with one another. I'll strive hard to start from my home before he start to his school. If I win, I'll just go to his door to tell him, "Roshan, I'm the first". But he will not reply at least once if I win. He'll hide him inside his home without even replying me. But if the reverse happens, he won't allow me to do any work. He'll come before me and shout at me, as if he won the whole world. Today morning he started earlier. My door was not opened. So as usual he shouted happily. Though I didn't see him, I could feel his happiness. Similarly, I could see his anger when I start first, even though he hides his face from me.

How is it possible for me to understand his feelings? The only answer is 'Because I know him well'. Everyday I mingle with him. I play with him. Sometimes I teach him, I beat him(of course it won't hurt him), etc... As I interact with him daily, I can feel all his feelings. In the same way, if I have a good relationship with my heavenly father my God, the most Holy and exalted, I can know His feelings. If I meditate His words always and If I dine with His spiritual goods, I am a better one to understand Him, to feel Him, to possess Him, to accept Him, to love Him. Nothing else could be a barrier in listening to Him. Yes friends, in this dangerous world, it is sometimes very hard to hear His silent voice. But if ours and His vision are synchronized with each other, nothing will stop us from being His precious children.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lazarus' Deliverer

Because He himself suffered when He was tempted, He is able to help those who are being tempted. Hebrews 2:18 Easter is the most special day in the history that gave hope to the mankind! Lazarus, the brother of Martha and Mary was dead four days before Jesus reached Bethany. Jesus loved that family and they loved him as well. He was not there when Lazarus was sick. Lazarus was buried when Jesus reached Bethany. His sisters were weeping. Jesus also wept. They told Jesus, “Lord, if you have been here, Lazarus would not have died.” They moved on to Lazarus’ tomb. There was a stone across the entrance. Surely there was bad odor. Yet, Jesus said, “Take away the stone. If you believed, you would see the glory of God.” He prayed and there came Lazarus alive with his hands and feet wrapped with strips of linen and a cloth around his face. Jesus said to them, “Take off the grave clothes and let him go.” God’s love is the same toward everyone! He doesn’t show favoritism. He love

Your protective shade!

The LORD Himself watches over you! The LORD stands beside you as your protective shade.  Psalm 121 : 5 I know it has been a very long time since I have sent God’s Word to you. Since this is the first email in 2014, I have been waiting to send you either my personal testimony or one of my friends’ testimonies. I have drafted several emails, but didn’t send anything. Today, I am not able to keep quiet when I think about what God has done for me over last weekend. If it is God’s will I will meet you again with a wonderful testimony of my friend, while I am sending mine to you now. Many of you know a bit about me. I traveled onsite in the year 2010 and returned to India for good in July, 2013. I got married in August, 2013 (this itself is a separate testimony) and started going to office from September, 2013. Since I had my visa valid for 2 more years I had been asked to take up an onsite assignment and was not offered a project at offshore. I had some concerns in traveling o

Be on guard; stay alert!

And what do you benefit if you gain the whole world but lose your own soul? Mark 8 : 36 With all the fun and timeout I had with my husband as we spent about 9 days in Kerala, I had trouble in sleeping last but the previous night because of restless legs. I know it would go if I ate few bananas, but I didn’t get up as I felt lazy. I did whatever I could, to sleep, but I only slept after several hours. I had a dream/vision like never before. It was very scary. Even now I am filled with what I saw that night. I don’t know how I can write about it, but I will try. I am not saying that I am a saint and God showed me this for some reason. But I don’t want to keep it with myself, because if it was from God, then I wanted to tell others. Please bear with me as you read forward. In my dream, I saw myself resting on my Aunt’s lap in the terrace at night. As I looked up while I was speaking, I saw the planet Saturn coming down from the Sky. It was very huge in size as it came down. The