Skip to main content

Help my unbelief

Jesus said, “Everything is possible for the one who believes.” Immediately the boy’s father exclaimed, “I do believe; help me overcome my unbelief!” Mark 9:23, 24

My American friend gifted me his Kindle Fire. (Ahhh thank you so much, Michael :) !!!) 

“Good and Perfect Gift, A: Faith, Expectations, and a Little Girl Named Penny” written by Amy Julia Becker is the first book I completed reading in my Kindle Fire. This is a mother's story of her own challenge in finding out that her daughter would be born with Down syndrome. She raises her child Penny with prayer in each activity. Down syndrome is the most common chromosome abnormality in humans, occurring in about 1 per 1000 babies born each year. It is typically associated with physical growth delays, characteristic facial features and mild to moderate intellectual disability and poor immune system. Whether you are a mother or not, this book takes you through both joyful and hurtful experiences and also in raising a child with Down syndrome and also through trusting Him in the weakest moments of your life. I was inspired after reading Amy’s journey with Penny and after some months I forgot about it, until someone reminded me about it.

I heard a young lady sharing her testimony in my office. During her prenatal screening and other diagnostic testing, the doctors found out that her baby might be a victim to Down syndrome. The first half of the book I read came true in the life of someone who I know. How painful it would have been for her and her husband! Doctors wanted her to abort the fetus, but they didn’t agree. They just prayed and prayed and prayed. They waited upon the Lord. They both didn’t share this with anyone. I can’t imagine how a pregnant woman can undergo such a pain in her heart and at the same time focus on her health so it doesn’t affect the baby inside. Both faith and unbelief would have tossed her back and forth until the delivery. What a terrific situation to be in! But after the baby is born, to their surprise and to God’s glory, they saw her to be normal. Praise God!

What a miraculous answer is the baby to them!!!! My eyes were filled with tears as she shared this testimony. How blessed we are to see our babies healthy and active and how grateful we should be to Him!  

The message is, we may find no way out. But God helps our unbelief. He loves us when we are honest with Him. In Mark 9, when the father of a demon possessed boy cried to Him, “Lord, I took my son to your disciples. They could not drive the evil spirit out. I do believe that everything is possible for the one who believes. Please help my unbelief,” God rebuked the evil spirit and healed the boy. He answered the father’s prayer. When disciples asked why they could not drive the spirit out, He answered, “This can be driven only by prayer.”

What are you waiting for? What kills your belief and leaves you unattended? No matter what it is, you know the key. You know the secret behind unbelief and how to overcome it. Start praying and keep praying. God will help you overcome unbelief and you will start seeing streams in the desert land.
Praise be to the Lord. May God bless you!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lazarus' Deliverer

Because He himself suffered when He was tempted, He is able to help those who are being tempted. Hebrews 2:18 Easter is the most special day in the history that gave hope to the mankind! Lazarus, the brother of Martha and Mary was dead four days before Jesus reached Bethany. Jesus loved that family and they loved him as well. He was not there when Lazarus was sick. Lazarus was buried when Jesus reached Bethany. His sisters were weeping. Jesus also wept. They told Jesus, “Lord, if you have been here, Lazarus would not have died.” They moved on to Lazarus’ tomb. There was a stone across the entrance. Surely there was bad odor. Yet, Jesus said, “Take away the stone. If you believed, you would see the glory of God.” He prayed and there came Lazarus alive with his hands and feet wrapped with strips of linen and a cloth around his face. Jesus said to them, “Take off the grave clothes and let him go.” God’s love is the same toward everyone! He doesn’t show favoritism. He love

Thank you, Lord!!!

He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore, I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me.   2 Corinthians 12: 9 Below is a small portion of what I read in the book ‘ I’ve got to talk to somebody, God ’ written by ‘ Marjorie Holmes ’. "Oh God, how grateful we should be for color. For blue skies, blue eyes, and for the little blue dress that I am hanging on the line, for the ruby red of cherries, the red on the wood pecker’s throat, for the countless shades of green which carpet the ground and for the lovely yellow so rich and so intense in an egg yolk, a lemon, golden yellow of sunshine, daffodils, for different shades of skin, eyes and hair! How dull it would be Lord to see all the races and all faces looked alike." I never imagined that someone would thank the Lord for the colors. She doesn’t stop there. She thanks the Lord for she got the chance to doing

Be Beautiful!!!

And do not forget to do good and to share with others, for with such sacrifices God is pleased. Hebrews 13 : 16   This is a great story that I have read on the internet.  When the house lights dimmed and the concert was about to begin, the mother returned to her seat and discovered that her son was missing. She took him to the concert to show her appreciation toward his progress on the piano lessons. Suddenly, the curtains parted and spotlights focused on the impressive Steinway on stage. In horror, the mother saw her little boy sitting at the keyboard, innocently picking out “Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star.” At that moment, the great piano master made his entrance, quickly moved to the piano, and whispered in the boy’s ear, “Don’t quit, keep playing.” Then leaning over, Paderewski reached down with his left hand and began filling in a bass part. Soon his right arm reached around to the other side of the child and he added a running descant. Together, the old master and the youn