Skip to main content

Watch your step, guys!!!


Although they know God's righteous decree that those who do such things deserve death, they not only continue to do these very things but also approve of those who practice them. Romans 1:32
But because of your stubbornness and your unrepentant heart, you are storing up wrath against yourself for the day of God’s wrath, when his righteous judgment will be revealed. God “will repay each person according to what they have done.” To those who by persistence in doing good seek glory, honor and immortality, he will give eternal life. But for those who are self-seeking and who reject the truth and follow evil, there will be wrath and anger. Romans 2:5-8

First of all, it is good to reach you all through this message after such a long time.

In 2012 and 2013, Minneapolis had become my winter spot. :)

During the winter, I heard many bus drivers, when the passengers get down from the bus, saying, “Watch your step, guys”. The reason is that they walk comfortably inside the bus, but the moment when they step down on the icy road, there is a good chance that they may skid and fall down, leading to a lot of pain and accidents.

Recently in my office, I got to speak to a man seeking some domain suggestions. I really like him. The way that he reacts to my questions patiently and very promptly always surprises me. One day we had to meet him face to face for some clarifications. He sat with us with a pack of cigars in his hands. He also had a very tall coffee mug with dark coffee in it. He also had mints with him to keep us away from the smoke smell and so I guessed he must have walked in right after he smoked. While having the discussion, he could not speak continuously. All he did was cough and then apologize to us for what he did, followed by coughing and doing the same all over again. Since I like him very much, I felt very sad thinking how he spoils his health. His extreme knowledge about his project and domain seemed a waste to me when I compare it with his health. Seriously, for several days I felt sad for his smoking habit.

It took some time for me to realize that I worried much for his health, but not for the perishing souls.

What good will it be for someone to gain the whole world, yet forfeit their soul? Or what can anyone give in exchange for their soul? Matthew 16:26

When I backslide, what I do to my own soul, as well as many other souls, is more dangerous than that. “Our thoughts become action; actions become habit, habit becomes character and character determines our destiny.” We are not just backsliding; we also act as a stumbling block for others from coming to Jesus. When people around us see us sinning, they, without knowing the saving truth, will end up doing the same, thinking it is not sin. We are accountable for everything we do.

We need to watch out what we do & what we think! He loves us. He wants to save us; and others through us. In these last days, we may be the only Bibles which many people read!

May God bless you! 

Comments

  1. what makes you say that the smoker's soul is perishing?. is it just because he smoke cigars and drink coffee.?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I really didn't correlate smokers with perishing souls. All I said was, I gave much importance to a his health rather than to the perishing souls around. I hope you get this. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Lazarus' Deliverer

Because He himself suffered when He was tempted, He is able to help those who are being tempted. Hebrews 2:18 Easter is the most special day in the history that gave hope to the mankind! Lazarus, the brother of Martha and Mary was dead four days before Jesus reached Bethany. Jesus loved that family and they loved him as well. He was not there when Lazarus was sick. Lazarus was buried when Jesus reached Bethany. His sisters were weeping. Jesus also wept. They told Jesus, “Lord, if you have been here, Lazarus would not have died.” They moved on to Lazarus’ tomb. There was a stone across the entrance. Surely there was bad odor. Yet, Jesus said, “Take away the stone. If you believed, you would see the glory of God.” He prayed and there came Lazarus alive with his hands and feet wrapped with strips of linen and a cloth around his face. Jesus said to them, “Take off the grave clothes and let him go.” God’s love is the same toward everyone! He doesn’t show favoritism. He love

Thank you, Lord!!!

He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore, I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me.   2 Corinthians 12: 9 Below is a small portion of what I read in the book ‘ I’ve got to talk to somebody, God ’ written by ‘ Marjorie Holmes ’. "Oh God, how grateful we should be for color. For blue skies, blue eyes, and for the little blue dress that I am hanging on the line, for the ruby red of cherries, the red on the wood pecker’s throat, for the countless shades of green which carpet the ground and for the lovely yellow so rich and so intense in an egg yolk, a lemon, golden yellow of sunshine, daffodils, for different shades of skin, eyes and hair! How dull it would be Lord to see all the races and all faces looked alike." I never imagined that someone would thank the Lord for the colors. She doesn’t stop there. She thanks the Lord for she got the chance to doing

Be Beautiful!!!

And do not forget to do good and to share with others, for with such sacrifices God is pleased. Hebrews 13 : 16   This is a great story that I have read on the internet.  When the house lights dimmed and the concert was about to begin, the mother returned to her seat and discovered that her son was missing. She took him to the concert to show her appreciation toward his progress on the piano lessons. Suddenly, the curtains parted and spotlights focused on the impressive Steinway on stage. In horror, the mother saw her little boy sitting at the keyboard, innocently picking out “Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star.” At that moment, the great piano master made his entrance, quickly moved to the piano, and whispered in the boy’s ear, “Don’t quit, keep playing.” Then leaning over, Paderewski reached down with his left hand and began filling in a bass part. Soon his right arm reached around to the other side of the child and he added a running descant. Together, the old master and the youn