Skip to main content

Better than Tom, Ben & Ann?

It would have been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than to have known it and then to turn their backs on the sacred command that was passed on to them. 2 Peter 2 : 21

Good morning, friends.

Who are Tom, Ben and Ann? Well, they are my new friends. :)

I bought an iPod Touch recently. I always like to play the Hearts game on it. You know why? Because most of the time I win the game. These three are my computer players who don’t have artificial intelligence. I believe you know the rules of Hearts. When we see someone playing the cards that could make us lose the round, we will make sure that we don’t play the cards with high numbers or face cards. But you know what they all do? They will play the cards as defaulted. They can never think that playing the card will make them lose. So they keep on playing the cards from the same losing family again and again making me a winner all the time. I wonder if I would ever win if they have artificial intelligence and could make wise decisions before they play.

We know that God created us very special. He made us in His own image. Many times we wonder why God gave us free will and enabled us to make our own foolish decisions. Creations blaming God is not something that we learned recently. When we read/hear about Adam and Eve eating the forbidden fruit, the very popular question that arises is, “Why did God place the tree in front of their eyes?” or “Why didn’t God stop Eve from eating at it?” and “If God had stopped Eve from eating the fruit, sin would not have entered the world.”

When we realize that we are in a big mess we blame God for giving mankind the free will. Now I understand why God has given us the free will. If he hasn’t, then you & I will be like Tom, Ann and Ben. Now the question is, are we better than Tom, Ben & Ann?  At least they obey their creators (the gaming programmers). But many times we tend to go away from the default good will of our Creator, breaking fellowship with Him, committing sins, blaming others & Him, hating people, having wrong desires, taking things for granted and doing whatever is not good & ungodly. God didn’t want us to be robots. He wanted us to have freedom. We should not take it for granted. In everything that He gives, we will have to honor Him by utilizing them wisely. After knowing righteousness, don’t turn back, for it is better for a person to not have known the righteousness than for him to reject the righteousness he has known.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Lazarus' Deliverer

Because He himself suffered when He was tempted, He is able to help those who are being tempted. Hebrews 2:18 Easter is the most special day in the history that gave hope to the mankind! Lazarus, the brother of Martha and Mary was dead four days before Jesus reached Bethany. Jesus loved that family and they loved him as well. He was not there when Lazarus was sick. Lazarus was buried when Jesus reached Bethany. His sisters were weeping. Jesus also wept. They told Jesus, “Lord, if you have been here, Lazarus would not have died.” They moved on to Lazarus’ tomb. There was a stone across the entrance. Surely there was bad odor. Yet, Jesus said, “Take away the stone. If you believed, you would see the glory of God.” He prayed and there came Lazarus alive with his hands and feet wrapped with strips of linen and a cloth around his face. Jesus said to them, “Take off the grave clothes and let him go.” God’s love is the same toward everyone! He doesn’t show favoritism. He love

Your protective shade!

The LORD Himself watches over you! The LORD stands beside you as your protective shade.  Psalm 121 : 5 I know it has been a very long time since I have sent God’s Word to you. Since this is the first email in 2014, I have been waiting to send you either my personal testimony or one of my friends’ testimonies. I have drafted several emails, but didn’t send anything. Today, I am not able to keep quiet when I think about what God has done for me over last weekend. If it is God’s will I will meet you again with a wonderful testimony of my friend, while I am sending mine to you now. Many of you know a bit about me. I traveled onsite in the year 2010 and returned to India for good in July, 2013. I got married in August, 2013 (this itself is a separate testimony) and started going to office from September, 2013. Since I had my visa valid for 2 more years I had been asked to take up an onsite assignment and was not offered a project at offshore. I had some concerns in traveling o

Thank you, Lord!!!

He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore, I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me.   2 Corinthians 12: 9 Below is a small portion of what I read in the book ‘ I’ve got to talk to somebody, God ’ written by ‘ Marjorie Holmes ’. "Oh God, how grateful we should be for color. For blue skies, blue eyes, and for the little blue dress that I am hanging on the line, for the ruby red of cherries, the red on the wood pecker’s throat, for the countless shades of green which carpet the ground and for the lovely yellow so rich and so intense in an egg yolk, a lemon, golden yellow of sunshine, daffodils, for different shades of skin, eyes and hair! How dull it would be Lord to see all the races and all faces looked alike." I never imagined that someone would thank the Lord for the colors. She doesn’t stop there. She thanks the Lord for she got the chance to doing