Skip to main content

Count your blessings!


You would be fed with the finest of wheat; with honey from the rock I would satisfy you. Psalms 81:16

I’m glad to share what I’m experiencing recently!

Before my journey to Nashville one thing I greatly worried about was I didn’t know anyone here and the client was also new. On the other side I felt happy because many worship leaders are living in and around Nashville so I could attend their concerts.

When a few days were left out for my travel to USA, I heard that one of the friends whom I knew from a fellowship works at Nashville and contacted him. Believe me, I was not accustomed with any of the modern devices, not even the dryer and washer, vacuum cleaners, bath tubs, piped gas stoves, etc… He taught me all the basic things that I needed and left me at the hotel. Finding a girl roommate in Nashville is pretty tougher, but at the second week of my stay at hotel, God brought me a wonderful roommate and as soon as she went back to India, He brought another one who now stays with me at my apartment.

I’m able to attend Church every Sunday with the help of my friend. I even shared a short testimony during the New Year service. I have 2 wonderful clients at work who believe in Christ. They are glad to speak to me about Christ. One took me to her Church and the other one even came to my apartment with a blanket when I said I was not able to bear the cold. Above all, she prays for me that I should stay warmer at her 2 AM. Isn't it wonderful? When I was thinking to attend a few concerts, God opened a door for me even to stay at one of the worship leaders (Lenny LeBlanc) to celebrate my first Christmas in USA. Amazingly Chuck from Don Moen’s team also has invited me to his house. I’m planning to visit his family sooner.

Everyday God soothes me a lot when I feel like I’m alone. I’m getting a wonderful chance to listen to many songs that uplift Jesus on high! I remember the times I hurried to my company library to send out the devotional emails. Now I have many chances to send Today’s Word of God as I have 2 laptops. :)

Initially everything seemed to frustrate me, but then I’m noticing God’s hand in all the areas. I could boldly say that I’m more than blessed now. Whenever I start worrying about my work, I’m thinking of how God has guided me thus far. So I believe that the one who was with me till now will also be with me forever and will help me come out with flying colors. When God calls you somewhere, He will never leave you hopeless. Whenever you’re afraid, count your blessings one by one, even before you cross 5, your fear will run away from you. The one who fed Elijah through ravens will also feed you with the finest of the wheat and with the honey!

May God bless you!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lazarus' Deliverer

Because He himself suffered when He was tempted, He is able to help those who are being tempted. Hebrews 2:18 Easter is the most special day in the history that gave hope to the mankind! Lazarus, the brother of Martha and Mary was dead four days before Jesus reached Bethany. Jesus loved that family and they loved him as well. He was not there when Lazarus was sick. Lazarus was buried when Jesus reached Bethany. His sisters were weeping. Jesus also wept. They told Jesus, “Lord, if you have been here, Lazarus would not have died.” They moved on to Lazarus’ tomb. There was a stone across the entrance. Surely there was bad odor. Yet, Jesus said, “Take away the stone. If you believed, you would see the glory of God.” He prayed and there came Lazarus alive with his hands and feet wrapped with strips of linen and a cloth around his face. Jesus said to them, “Take off the grave clothes and let him go.” God’s love is the same toward everyone! He doesn’t show favoritism. He love

Your protective shade!

The LORD Himself watches over you! The LORD stands beside you as your protective shade.  Psalm 121 : 5 I know it has been a very long time since I have sent God’s Word to you. Since this is the first email in 2014, I have been waiting to send you either my personal testimony or one of my friends’ testimonies. I have drafted several emails, but didn’t send anything. Today, I am not able to keep quiet when I think about what God has done for me over last weekend. If it is God’s will I will meet you again with a wonderful testimony of my friend, while I am sending mine to you now. Many of you know a bit about me. I traveled onsite in the year 2010 and returned to India for good in July, 2013. I got married in August, 2013 (this itself is a separate testimony) and started going to office from September, 2013. Since I had my visa valid for 2 more years I had been asked to take up an onsite assignment and was not offered a project at offshore. I had some concerns in traveling o

Be on guard; stay alert!

And what do you benefit if you gain the whole world but lose your own soul? Mark 8 : 36 With all the fun and timeout I had with my husband as we spent about 9 days in Kerala, I had trouble in sleeping last but the previous night because of restless legs. I know it would go if I ate few bananas, but I didn’t get up as I felt lazy. I did whatever I could, to sleep, but I only slept after several hours. I had a dream/vision like never before. It was very scary. Even now I am filled with what I saw that night. I don’t know how I can write about it, but I will try. I am not saying that I am a saint and God showed me this for some reason. But I don’t want to keep it with myself, because if it was from God, then I wanted to tell others. Please bear with me as you read forward. In my dream, I saw myself resting on my Aunt’s lap in the terrace at night. As I looked up while I was speaking, I saw the planet Saturn coming down from the Sky. It was very huge in size as it came down. The