Skip to main content

Wings like Eagles!

But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint. Isaiah 40:31

Good morning. One of my friends shared this wonderful message which I wanted to share today. If you feel like you’ve lost your hope, then this message is for you. So please read this without skipping lines.

The Eagle can live up to 70 years. But to reach this age, the eagle must make a hard decision. In its 40th year its long and flexible talons can no longer grab prey which serves as food. Its long and sharp beak becomes bent. Its old-aged and heavy wings, due to their thick feathers, stick to its chest & make it difficult to fly.

Then, the eagle is left with only two options: DIE or go through a painful process of CHANGE which lasts 150 days. The process requires that the eagle fly to a mountain top and sit on its nest. There the eagle knocks its beak against a rock until it plucks it out. Then the eagle will wait for a new beak to grow back and then it will pluck out its talons. When its new talons grow back, the eagle starts plucking its old-aged feathers. And after 5 months, the eagle takes its famous flight of rebirth and lives for 30 more years.


What do you understand from the life of Eagles? It’s not easy for an eagle to live till 70 long years with the same strength it has when it is young until it undergoes some painful months. Are you in such a situation? Remember the Lord doesn’t want you to die due to lack of strength, but He teaches you today that you may soar up again. You’ll have to regain the strength you had before.

Unless the eagle strikes its beak and plucks its feather it can no longer fly at all. Similarly unless you and I don’t pass through the valleys of difficulties, we’ll not understand the mighty power of the hands of God in our lives. All things will work together for good. Your tears will be wiped off. Your mourning will be turned to joy! But when & how?

1.   Be patient in times of struggles and be assured that God the Lord is with you wherever you go! His presence will never leave you. In fact during these tough times it’s not you who walk, it is the Lord who carries you on his shoulder.
2.   Strike your beak against the rock. You cannot escape from temptations unless you hate it. If you love it, then there is no way to come out of it. The sin it leads to, is really cheap. Make efforts continually to preserve your relationship with God by not giving a chance to sin. It’s not easy, I know. But it’s achievable through Him as Bible says; we can do all things through Him who strengthens us.
3.   Pluck out your old feathers. When you really prepare your mind not to sin against God as Joseph did, you’re ready for the battle. Start plucking out your dark areas one by one with the renewed beak. Sometimes it hurts. But the end is very near; you’re going to have the beautiful fresh feathers which will take you to heights no matter how forceful the storms in your life are!

If you have ‘I will sing’ album of Don Moen, please listen 12th song “Like eagles.” There is another song ‘Everlasting God’ which says ‘Strength will rise as we wait upon the Lord’. I heard it in NLAG worship. They convey the same message. You’ll enjoy!

May God bless!

Comments

  1. Hello sister Jansi... :-)
    God bless you!!!!

    Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks a lot, Ms. Diana! :)May He bless you too in abundance.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Sis.Jansi for the wonderful message.I did not knew till now about this Eagle's life. Very meaningful with the scripture.
    God Bless You,
    John

    ReplyDelete
  4. There is always a reason when Bible mentions about anything. :) Thanks for your comment, John.

    May God bless you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Lazarus' Deliverer

Because He himself suffered when He was tempted, He is able to help those who are being tempted. Hebrews 2:18 Easter is the most special day in the history that gave hope to the mankind! Lazarus, the brother of Martha and Mary was dead four days before Jesus reached Bethany. Jesus loved that family and they loved him as well. He was not there when Lazarus was sick. Lazarus was buried when Jesus reached Bethany. His sisters were weeping. Jesus also wept. They told Jesus, “Lord, if you have been here, Lazarus would not have died.” They moved on to Lazarus’ tomb. There was a stone across the entrance. Surely there was bad odor. Yet, Jesus said, “Take away the stone. If you believed, you would see the glory of God.” He prayed and there came Lazarus alive with his hands and feet wrapped with strips of linen and a cloth around his face. Jesus said to them, “Take off the grave clothes and let him go.” God’s love is the same toward everyone! He doesn’t show favoritism. He love

Your protective shade!

The LORD Himself watches over you! The LORD stands beside you as your protective shade.  Psalm 121 : 5 I know it has been a very long time since I have sent God’s Word to you. Since this is the first email in 2014, I have been waiting to send you either my personal testimony or one of my friends’ testimonies. I have drafted several emails, but didn’t send anything. Today, I am not able to keep quiet when I think about what God has done for me over last weekend. If it is God’s will I will meet you again with a wonderful testimony of my friend, while I am sending mine to you now. Many of you know a bit about me. I traveled onsite in the year 2010 and returned to India for good in July, 2013. I got married in August, 2013 (this itself is a separate testimony) and started going to office from September, 2013. Since I had my visa valid for 2 more years I had been asked to take up an onsite assignment and was not offered a project at offshore. I had some concerns in traveling o

Thank you, Lord!!!

He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore, I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me.   2 Corinthians 12: 9 Below is a small portion of what I read in the book ‘ I’ve got to talk to somebody, God ’ written by ‘ Marjorie Holmes ’. "Oh God, how grateful we should be for color. For blue skies, blue eyes, and for the little blue dress that I am hanging on the line, for the ruby red of cherries, the red on the wood pecker’s throat, for the countless shades of green which carpet the ground and for the lovely yellow so rich and so intense in an egg yolk, a lemon, golden yellow of sunshine, daffodils, for different shades of skin, eyes and hair! How dull it would be Lord to see all the races and all faces looked alike." I never imagined that someone would thank the Lord for the colors. She doesn’t stop there. She thanks the Lord for she got the chance to doing