Skip to main content

Jesus' Word 5, 6 and 7 on the cross

Good morning, friends.

I feel so guilty in not sending this email everyday. But when it came to annual appraisal, on the last day I tried my best to write about me in spite of the heavy work. I know that God is greater than all these appraisals and His work has to be given the highest priority. This is the shorter message which the Lord revealed to me.

Today let us close this meditation on His Word on the cross.

Word 5
Later, knowing that all was now completed, and so that the Scripture would be fulfilled, Jesus said, “I am thirsty.” John 19:28

Jesus refused the initial drink of vinegar, gall and myrrh offered to alleviate his suffering. But here, several hours later, we see Jesus fulfilling the Messianic prophecy found in Psalm 69:21, He said, “I’m thirsty.” In Matthew 27 : 34 we read, there they offered Jesus wine to drink, mixed with gall; but after tasting it, he refused to drink it.

It can be interpreted both physically and spiritually. Physically He lost even the last drop of His blood and water started coming out and His body longed for water. In those days they gave such bitter drinks in order to reduce the pain felt in the body. But Jesus never wanted to have lesser pain and that’s why he didn’t accept it. He paid the full price for us. I’ve heard from another preacher that He referred to the thirst for souls. Even today His thirst for souls is greater.

Word 6
When he had received the drink, Jesus said, “It is finished.” With that, he bowed his head and gave up his spirit. John 19:30

When he had received the drink, Jesus said, “It is finished.” With that, he bowed his head and gave up his spirit.

Jesus knew for what He came into this world and one by one, He fulfilled everything. He accepted all the spits, mocks, beats and every wicked things we did to Him and finally when He was about to hand over His spirit to the Lord, He told the world that it was not an ending. It’s the beginning actually. It was an end only to sufferings and to pains. There came a new meaning for all of us after His death and resurrection. Our Savior lived and died for us. He rose again for us and is living now amidst us.

But He placed a challenging question to you and me, “I’m done with my work. I created everything in the first six days. You being stonehearted never accepted it. I came down to the world to prove my love towards you and to wash away the sins you bore. But you sentenced me to death. I was silent even when they mocked at me. Now I’m going up to ordain a place for those who love me. But I’m going to send down the Holy Spirit, your friend and comforter all the days of your life. Are you ready to get into the battlefield? You’re not alone, for the Holy Spirit is with you. I already won the battle. Now it is the time for me to stand for me in the world?” What’s your reply to Him today?

Word 7
Father, into your hands I commit my spirit. Luke 23:46

Being the son of God of all the powers surrendered Himself to the Lord. He teaches us submission and humbleness. No matter whatever you achieve, you need to be humble for the Lord loves those who humble themselves.

Now a question comes here. Were these 7 Words just for popularity? Or to prove that He was great? No. Each Word was for a purpose. He taught several lessons to you and me even when He was hanging on the cross. Let us analyze each Word carefully and start following it.

1. Let us forgive one another wholeheartedly. 2. Let us not forget for what He has chosen you and me as His children. 3. Let us be more caring and loyal towards our own family. 4. May the sin become so cheap to us. 5. Let us have a deep desire to bring many souls into His Kingdom. 6. Let us start living the live He wants us to. 7. Above all, let us stay humble.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Confusing gospel

I am astonished that you are so quickly deserting the one who called you by the grace of Christ and are turning to a different gospel which is really no gospel at all. Evidently some people are throwing you into confusion and are trying to pervert the gospel of Christ. But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach a gospel other than the one we preached to you, let him be eternally condemned! As we have already said, so now I say again: If anybody is preaching to you a gospel other than what you accepted, let him be eternally condemned! Galatians 1 : 6 – 9 Good morning, friends. Today let us see about something which I heard from a pastor on Sunday. And kindly please read even though it’s long. We all should be aware of it certainly. Before that, here comes a funny incident. After a worship service at Church, a mother with a fidgety seven-year-old boy told me how she finally got her son to sit still and be quiet. About halfway through the sermon, she leaned over and whisper...

Your protective shade!

The LORD Himself watches over you! The LORD stands beside you as your protective shade.  Psalm 121 : 5 I know it has been a very long time since I have sent God’s Word to you. Since this is the first email in 2014, I have been waiting to send you either my personal testimony or one of my friends’ testimonies. I have drafted several emails, but didn’t send anything. Today, I am not able to keep quiet when I think about what God has done for me over last weekend. If it is God’s will I will meet you again with a wonderful testimony of my friend, while I am sending mine to you now. Many of you know a bit about me. I traveled onsite in the year 2010 and returned to India for good in July, 2013. I got married in August, 2013 (this itself is a separate testimony) and started going to office from September, 2013. Since I had my visa valid for 2 more years I had been asked to take up an onsite assignment and was not offered a project at offshore. I had some concerns in traveli...

Incredible kindness!

Do not neglect doing good and sharing; for with such sacrifices God is pleased. Hebrews 13:16  Good morning, friends! He was a seller of second-hand shoes. He seemed to be in his 70’s, and was so tired as nobody was buying his shoes. Then, a little girl came to him saying, " Sir, may I polish your shoes?" The old man took pity on her, smiled and gave her a shoe to polish. The girl said, "I polish the shoe because I need money to buy my brother a new school uniform." The old man replied, "Oh, little girl just stop doing this. Come with me and I will buy a uniform." Then they walked to a store and he bought a uniform. This act of incredible kindness, shown by someone who has so little for himself, proclaims an ultimate truth. The Bible talks a lot about showing kindness. A few sample verses are given below. “Anyone who does not provide for their relatives, and especially for their own household, has denied the f...