Skip to main content

Jesus' Word 3 on the cross

Jesus saw his own mother, and the disciple standing near whom he loved, he said to his mother, "Woman, behold your son". Then he said to the disciple, "Behold your mother". And from that hour, he took his mother into his family. John 19: 26, 27

Good morning, friends.

One fine day when the Church was full of its members worshiping God, a gang of folks came in with pistols and shouted, “Those who want their lives can go out, else be ready to be shot dead.” That’s all. Everyone stopped their worship and started running towards the door, forgetting their own children who sat next to their friends.

Jesus’ third Word on the cross gives us how great His love towards His family in spite of the pain he bore on His body and soul. He cared for His own mother even when he felt the unbearable pain. He was much satisfied when He handed His mother to John, the disciple whom He loved very much. He didn’t ask His mother to go with someone else, but to a great one who loved the Lord and shone for Him.

This tells us very clearly that we’re responsible for whatever happens to our family members. If they’re going astray, it is you and me who need to pray even more for them. Sometimes I feel content after transferring my salary to my mom and dad. I don’t usually take off / time to go to my hometown often. But I know very clearly that sending money alone doesn’t make them feel happy. They need our love and care.

A young man found his son packing up an old blanket and some stuffs. He went to his son and asked, “What are you doing?” He was shocked when his boy said, “I’m packing this for you so that I can leave you at old-age home when I marry.”

It’s really shameful to see the young people leaving their mom and dad who spent almost all of their time, love and everything to bring them up. Listen! Your children watch you more carefully and you’re the root cause of how they would behave.

Paul clearly says that if one is not guiding for his own family, he is not eligible to be the member of priests/deacons in the Church. Jesus very clearly says that when we have something against our own brother, we have to keep our offering aside and go to the brother to be reconciled first before offering something to the Lord. Solomon in Proverbs very clearly says that a wise woman first fulfills her duty to her family. Where do you stand today? Are you really loyal to your own family? How much do you love them? If no, then you definitely need to troubleshoot yourself and find out what hinders/degrades your love towards your family and friends. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Confusing gospel

I am astonished that you are so quickly deserting the one who called you by the grace of Christ and are turning to a different gospel which is really no gospel at all. Evidently some people are throwing you into confusion and are trying to pervert the gospel of Christ. But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach a gospel other than the one we preached to you, let him be eternally condemned! As we have already said, so now I say again: If anybody is preaching to you a gospel other than what you accepted, let him be eternally condemned! Galatians 1 : 6 – 9 Good morning, friends. Today let us see about something which I heard from a pastor on Sunday. And kindly please read even though it’s long. We all should be aware of it certainly. Before that, here comes a funny incident. After a worship service at Church, a mother with a fidgety seven-year-old boy told me how she finally got her son to sit still and be quiet. About halfway through the sermon, she leaned over and whisper...

Your protective shade!

The LORD Himself watches over you! The LORD stands beside you as your protective shade.  Psalm 121 : 5 I know it has been a very long time since I have sent God’s Word to you. Since this is the first email in 2014, I have been waiting to send you either my personal testimony or one of my friends’ testimonies. I have drafted several emails, but didn’t send anything. Today, I am not able to keep quiet when I think about what God has done for me over last weekend. If it is God’s will I will meet you again with a wonderful testimony of my friend, while I am sending mine to you now. Many of you know a bit about me. I traveled onsite in the year 2010 and returned to India for good in July, 2013. I got married in August, 2013 (this itself is a separate testimony) and started going to office from September, 2013. Since I had my visa valid for 2 more years I had been asked to take up an onsite assignment and was not offered a project at offshore. I had some concerns in traveli...

Incredible kindness!

Do not neglect doing good and sharing; for with such sacrifices God is pleased. Hebrews 13:16  Good morning, friends! He was a seller of second-hand shoes. He seemed to be in his 70’s, and was so tired as nobody was buying his shoes. Then, a little girl came to him saying, " Sir, may I polish your shoes?" The old man took pity on her, smiled and gave her a shoe to polish. The girl said, "I polish the shoe because I need money to buy my brother a new school uniform." The old man replied, "Oh, little girl just stop doing this. Come with me and I will buy a uniform." Then they walked to a store and he bought a uniform. This act of incredible kindness, shown by someone who has so little for himself, proclaims an ultimate truth. The Bible talks a lot about showing kindness. A few sample verses are given below. “Anyone who does not provide for their relatives, and especially for their own household, has denied the f...