Skip to main content

What would Jesus do?

To this you were called, because Christ suffered for you, leaving you an example, that you should follow in his steps. 1 Peter 2:21

Good morning, friends.


There was a farmer who sold a pound of butter to the baker. One day the baker decided to weigh the butter to see if he was getting a pound and he found that he was not. This angered him and he took the farmer to court. The judge asked the farmer if he was using any measure. The farmer replied, amour Honor, I am primitive. I don't have a proper measure, but I do have a scale." The judge asked, "Then how do you weigh the butter?" The farmer replied "Your Honor, long before the baker started buying butter from me, I have been buying a pound loaf of bread from him. Every day when the baker brings the bread, I put it on the scale and give him the same weight in butter. If anyone is to be blamed, it is the baker."


What is the moral of the story? We get back in life what we give to others. Whenever you take an action, ask yourself these questions: "Am I giving fair value for the wages or money I hope to make?", "Am I loyal to my friends and family?", "Am I loyal to my church?" More importantly "What would Jesus do in this case?"


Rev. Henry Maxwell speaking slowly and determinately, yet not fully realizing the implications of what lay ahead of him, repeated his astounding proposition, "I want volunteers from First Church of Raymond city who will pledge themselves earnestly and honestly, for an entire year, not to do anything without first asking the question, "What would Jesus do?"


He never dreamed of the response he would receive when he challenged his congregation. Those who answered his call included the wealthiest and the most influential of his congregation; the newspaper editor, the town heiress, the young opera star, the president of the local college. For each of them it was a moment of decision, that would change their life and their city for eternity. But together they pledged themselves to a new step of faith that changed, not just a handful of people, but an entire town for good.


The above real incident is the abstract of the book 'In His steps' written by Charles M Sheldon. This timeless classic has blessed millions of people around the world, who have asked the vital question, "What does it really mean to be a Christian?" Are we ready to make and live a new discipleship? Are we ready to reconsider our definition of a Christian? What is it to be a Christian? It is to imitate Jesus. It is to do as He would do. It is to walk in His steps.


If you want to read this book online for free, please visit http://www.fullbooks.com/In-His-Steps.html


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Confusing gospel

I am astonished that you are so quickly deserting the one who called you by the grace of Christ and are turning to a different gospel which is really no gospel at all. Evidently some people are throwing you into confusion and are trying to pervert the gospel of Christ. But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach a gospel other than the one we preached to you, let him be eternally condemned! As we have already said, so now I say again: If anybody is preaching to you a gospel other than what you accepted, let him be eternally condemned! Galatians 1 : 6 – 9 Good morning, friends. Today let us see about something which I heard from a pastor on Sunday. And kindly please read even though it’s long. We all should be aware of it certainly. Before that, here comes a funny incident. After a worship service at Church, a mother with a fidgety seven-year-old boy told me how she finally got her son to sit still and be quiet. About halfway through the sermon, she leaned over and whisper...

Your protective shade!

The LORD Himself watches over you! The LORD stands beside you as your protective shade.  Psalm 121 : 5 I know it has been a very long time since I have sent God’s Word to you. Since this is the first email in 2014, I have been waiting to send you either my personal testimony or one of my friends’ testimonies. I have drafted several emails, but didn’t send anything. Today, I am not able to keep quiet when I think about what God has done for me over last weekend. If it is God’s will I will meet you again with a wonderful testimony of my friend, while I am sending mine to you now. Many of you know a bit about me. I traveled onsite in the year 2010 and returned to India for good in July, 2013. I got married in August, 2013 (this itself is a separate testimony) and started going to office from September, 2013. Since I had my visa valid for 2 more years I had been asked to take up an onsite assignment and was not offered a project at offshore. I had some concerns in traveli...

Incredible kindness!

Do not neglect doing good and sharing; for with such sacrifices God is pleased. Hebrews 13:16  Good morning, friends! He was a seller of second-hand shoes. He seemed to be in his 70’s, and was so tired as nobody was buying his shoes. Then, a little girl came to him saying, " Sir, may I polish your shoes?" The old man took pity on her, smiled and gave her a shoe to polish. The girl said, "I polish the shoe because I need money to buy my brother a new school uniform." The old man replied, "Oh, little girl just stop doing this. Come with me and I will buy a uniform." Then they walked to a store and he bought a uniform. This act of incredible kindness, shown by someone who has so little for himself, proclaims an ultimate truth. The Bible talks a lot about showing kindness. A few sample verses are given below. “Anyone who does not provide for their relatives, and especially for their own household, has denied the f...