Skip to main content

Stay rightly tuned!

And when he putteth forth his own sheep, he goeth before them, and the sheep follow him: for they know his voice. John 10 : 4

Good morning, friends.


Robert Fulton invented the steamboat. On the banks of the Hudson River he was displaying his new invention. The pessimists and the skeptics were gathered around to observe. They commented that it would never start. Lo and behold, it did. As it made its way down the river, the pessimists who said it would never go, started shouting that it would never stop.


Let us see two people from the Holy Bible and their attitudes. I'm sorry for more red colored text today.


Noah - God saddened at the wickedness of mankind, decided to destroy all life. But he saw that Noah was a righteous man, and instructed him to build an ark and gather himself and his family with every type of animal, male and female. I watched a DVD which shows the first 22 chapters of Genesis. It pictured the life of Noah and the flood so beautifully. When Noah built the ark as commanded by the Lord, the people around him laughed at him saying, "Why is this fool building an ark? Is he going to sail on the dry land?" But Noah didn't listen to them. The Flood came, and all life was extinguished, except for those who were with Noah.


Nehemiah - Nehemiah heard of the mournful and desolate condition of Jerusalem, and was filled with sadness of heart. For many days he fasted and mourned and prayed for the place of his fathers. At length the king observed his sadness of countenance and asked the reason of it. Nehemiah explained this to the king, and obtained his permission to go up to Jerusalem. On his arrival in Jerusalem, Nehemiah began to survey the city secretly at night, and formed a plan for its restoration; a plan which he carried out with great skill and energy. He gathered the people and they all with all their hearts started building the wall of Jerusalem. Tobiah said, "What are they building? Even if a fox climbed up on it, it would break down". But Nehemiah strengthened his people saying, "Our great and awesome God will fight for us." And the result was the whole wall was completed over an astounding 52-days span.


Can you guess why they had such a good attitude? I believe it was only because of their faith in the Living Lord. Unless we have hope on Him, we can never have such an attitude when we hear pessimistic words from others. Their focuses were only on the Lord's words and not on anyone else'. In other words, they exactly tuned their antenna to pick the signals from the Lord and not from the others. He is our good shepherd. The sheep knows its master's voice correctly. So let us all learn to stay tuned to the His voice which can easily strengthen us when we are about to give up. So just stay tuned!!!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Confusing gospel

I am astonished that you are so quickly deserting the one who called you by the grace of Christ and are turning to a different gospel which is really no gospel at all. Evidently some people are throwing you into confusion and are trying to pervert the gospel of Christ. But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach a gospel other than the one we preached to you, let him be eternally condemned! As we have already said, so now I say again: If anybody is preaching to you a gospel other than what you accepted, let him be eternally condemned! Galatians 1 : 6 – 9 Good morning, friends. Today let us see about something which I heard from a pastor on Sunday. And kindly please read even though it’s long. We all should be aware of it certainly. Before that, here comes a funny incident. After a worship service at Church, a mother with a fidgety seven-year-old boy told me how she finally got her son to sit still and be quiet. About halfway through the sermon, she leaned over and whisper...

Your protective shade!

The LORD Himself watches over you! The LORD stands beside you as your protective shade.  Psalm 121 : 5 I know it has been a very long time since I have sent God’s Word to you. Since this is the first email in 2014, I have been waiting to send you either my personal testimony or one of my friends’ testimonies. I have drafted several emails, but didn’t send anything. Today, I am not able to keep quiet when I think about what God has done for me over last weekend. If it is God’s will I will meet you again with a wonderful testimony of my friend, while I am sending mine to you now. Many of you know a bit about me. I traveled onsite in the year 2010 and returned to India for good in July, 2013. I got married in August, 2013 (this itself is a separate testimony) and started going to office from September, 2013. Since I had my visa valid for 2 more years I had been asked to take up an onsite assignment and was not offered a project at offshore. I had some concerns in traveli...

Incredible kindness!

Do not neglect doing good and sharing; for with such sacrifices God is pleased. Hebrews 13:16  Good morning, friends! He was a seller of second-hand shoes. He seemed to be in his 70’s, and was so tired as nobody was buying his shoes. Then, a little girl came to him saying, " Sir, may I polish your shoes?" The old man took pity on her, smiled and gave her a shoe to polish. The girl said, "I polish the shoe because I need money to buy my brother a new school uniform." The old man replied, "Oh, little girl just stop doing this. Come with me and I will buy a uniform." Then they walked to a store and he bought a uniform. This act of incredible kindness, shown by someone who has so little for himself, proclaims an ultimate truth. The Bible talks a lot about showing kindness. A few sample verses are given below. “Anyone who does not provide for their relatives, and especially for their own household, has denied the f...