Skip to main content

Extend your helping hands!

He who is kind to the poor lends to the LORD, and he will reward him for what he has done. Proverbs 19 : 17

Good morning, friends.

It was Christmas Eve. A small girl came to a jeweler’s shop. She pointed to a fine necklace displayed in the shelf and said that she wanted to buy it. The jeweler asked whether she had the money to pay for it. “Yes, I have,” she said, laying a packet of small coins on his table. He noticed that it amounted to only about ten rupees whereas the necklace was valued at thirty thousand rupees. Out of curiosity, he asked her why she wanted the necklace. She told him that she wanted to give it as a Christmas gift to her loving sister, who is looking after her after the death of their parents. The coins were from her piggy bank, her collection since last Christmas. She had been watching this necklace in the showroom for several days and was eagerly awaiting Christmas to purchase and present it to her sister.

He was deeply moved by the admirable affection of the innocent infant. He readily packed the necklace and gave it to her in exchange for her coins. She jumped with joy and ran home. She presented the gift to her sister. The elder sister assumed that the girl had stolen the necklace and scolded her. She dragged the girl to the shop and asked whether the article was stolen from there. The jeweler told her that he had sold it to the girl and that she had made full payment for it. No wonder, Jesus was born in all the three, the loving girl, the merciful jeweler and the truthful sister.

The merciful jeweler attracts me a lot. Expecting nothing in return, but giving away a high valuable thing is of course very rare now-a-days!!! We are very close to the festival season once again, because of our God's grace. Just turn back and see! We've crossed almost 9 complete months of this year. We heard about lots of accidents, deadly diseases, thefts, murders, etc,... But by His persistent care, we still have breath in our nostrils. Don't you think we've to thank Him for what He has done so far? The churches we see, the schools and hospitals we have now are nothing but the sacrifices of the foreign missionaries and their beloveds. It's also the time for us to extend His love to others. Friends, apart from your routine shopping, treats at big hotels, you can also plan for helping people. The helping hands and the praying lips together can help the needy. Let us extend our kindness in the coming months. Remember God blesses us so that we can be a blessing to others.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Confusing gospel

I am astonished that you are so quickly deserting the one who called you by the grace of Christ and are turning to a different gospel which is really no gospel at all. Evidently some people are throwing you into confusion and are trying to pervert the gospel of Christ. But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach a gospel other than the one we preached to you, let him be eternally condemned! As we have already said, so now I say again: If anybody is preaching to you a gospel other than what you accepted, let him be eternally condemned! Galatians 1 : 6 – 9 Good morning, friends. Today let us see about something which I heard from a pastor on Sunday. And kindly please read even though it’s long. We all should be aware of it certainly. Before that, here comes a funny incident. After a worship service at Church, a mother with a fidgety seven-year-old boy told me how she finally got her son to sit still and be quiet. About halfway through the sermon, she leaned over and whisper...

Your protective shade!

The LORD Himself watches over you! The LORD stands beside you as your protective shade.  Psalm 121 : 5 I know it has been a very long time since I have sent God’s Word to you. Since this is the first email in 2014, I have been waiting to send you either my personal testimony or one of my friends’ testimonies. I have drafted several emails, but didn’t send anything. Today, I am not able to keep quiet when I think about what God has done for me over last weekend. If it is God’s will I will meet you again with a wonderful testimony of my friend, while I am sending mine to you now. Many of you know a bit about me. I traveled onsite in the year 2010 and returned to India for good in July, 2013. I got married in August, 2013 (this itself is a separate testimony) and started going to office from September, 2013. Since I had my visa valid for 2 more years I had been asked to take up an onsite assignment and was not offered a project at offshore. I had some concerns in traveli...

Incredible kindness!

Do not neglect doing good and sharing; for with such sacrifices God is pleased. Hebrews 13:16  Good morning, friends! He was a seller of second-hand shoes. He seemed to be in his 70’s, and was so tired as nobody was buying his shoes. Then, a little girl came to him saying, " Sir, may I polish your shoes?" The old man took pity on her, smiled and gave her a shoe to polish. The girl said, "I polish the shoe because I need money to buy my brother a new school uniform." The old man replied, "Oh, little girl just stop doing this. Come with me and I will buy a uniform." Then they walked to a store and he bought a uniform. This act of incredible kindness, shown by someone who has so little for himself, proclaims an ultimate truth. The Bible talks a lot about showing kindness. A few sample verses are given below. “Anyone who does not provide for their relatives, and especially for their own household, has denied the f...