Skip to main content

Do yourself a favor!!!

"There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus ..." Romans 8:1

Good morning, friends. Today let us read an incident told by Dr. David (Paul) Yonggi Cho.

One beautiful couple met Dr. Cho. The wife (let us say 'X') looked so depressed. The holy spirit reminded Dr. Cho to ask her about her past. But she refused to reveal it. When Cho told that he would help only if she could open up her heart about her past, she started pouring out. After her parents died at her early years, she was brought up by one lady who had a daughter who got married and when she was away from her husband for her delivery, this X and her sister's husband fell in love with one another and crossed their limits. After that incident, her sister's husband called her again and again and she too cooperated as she was afraid that he would leak things out. Later she got fed up with his relationship and she left him far away and started to lead a new life with a new job, a good husband and loving children. Everything went out good, but this lady was very depressed as she got reminded of that man who had wrong relationship with her whenever her husband loved her. Whenever her children hugged and loved her, she was guilty that she was not at all worthy of their love. When Cho heard that, he asked her to simply forgive herself for what happened.

Now let us read something about the conversation of Mr. R.T. Kendall with Joyce Meyer.

Mr. R.T. Kendall says, "The devil loves it when we are living in condemnation. When you're not forgiving yourself you're helping the devil do his job. Because he is called as an accuser of the brothers in Revelation chapter 12. So when you're accusing yourself, the devil can just go off for a vacation, because you're doing his job for him. We're commanded to forgive ourselves by believing what Jesus Christ did on the cross. When you forgive others, you're giving a gift which they don't deserve it. Don't feel guilty of what you did in the past. I say, give yourself a gift of forgiveness which you don't deserve. This is what the Lord wants you to do. Just set yourself free."

Only in this way you can feel the joy and peace our Savior has for you. Unless you forgive yourself remembering the Savior on the cross and his cleansing power, you are easily prone to devil's work, just like our body is viable to any disease when our immune system collaps when the WBC count drops. So please don't give satan a chance.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Confusing gospel

I am astonished that you are so quickly deserting the one who called you by the grace of Christ and are turning to a different gospel which is really no gospel at all. Evidently some people are throwing you into confusion and are trying to pervert the gospel of Christ. But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach a gospel other than the one we preached to you, let him be eternally condemned! As we have already said, so now I say again: If anybody is preaching to you a gospel other than what you accepted, let him be eternally condemned! Galatians 1 : 6 – 9 Good morning, friends. Today let us see about something which I heard from a pastor on Sunday. And kindly please read even though it’s long. We all should be aware of it certainly. Before that, here comes a funny incident. After a worship service at Church, a mother with a fidgety seven-year-old boy told me how she finally got her son to sit still and be quiet. About halfway through the sermon, she leaned over and whisper...

Your protective shade!

The LORD Himself watches over you! The LORD stands beside you as your protective shade.  Psalm 121 : 5 I know it has been a very long time since I have sent God’s Word to you. Since this is the first email in 2014, I have been waiting to send you either my personal testimony or one of my friends’ testimonies. I have drafted several emails, but didn’t send anything. Today, I am not able to keep quiet when I think about what God has done for me over last weekend. If it is God’s will I will meet you again with a wonderful testimony of my friend, while I am sending mine to you now. Many of you know a bit about me. I traveled onsite in the year 2010 and returned to India for good in July, 2013. I got married in August, 2013 (this itself is a separate testimony) and started going to office from September, 2013. Since I had my visa valid for 2 more years I had been asked to take up an onsite assignment and was not offered a project at offshore. I had some concerns in traveli...

Incredible kindness!

Do not neglect doing good and sharing; for with such sacrifices God is pleased. Hebrews 13:16  Good morning, friends! He was a seller of second-hand shoes. He seemed to be in his 70’s, and was so tired as nobody was buying his shoes. Then, a little girl came to him saying, " Sir, may I polish your shoes?" The old man took pity on her, smiled and gave her a shoe to polish. The girl said, "I polish the shoe because I need money to buy my brother a new school uniform." The old man replied, "Oh, little girl just stop doing this. Come with me and I will buy a uniform." Then they walked to a store and he bought a uniform. This act of incredible kindness, shown by someone who has so little for himself, proclaims an ultimate truth. The Bible talks a lot about showing kindness. A few sample verses are given below. “Anyone who does not provide for their relatives, and especially for their own household, has denied the f...